Default 2.3 350 holley setup

Bought it used off a buddy that ran it on a jeep. Anyways I run a 2300 5.2 rod d4 cut head hyd cam 430 lift no port work. Stock d4 intake. Will be turning around 7800 on 1/2 mile dirt. Whats a baseline jet size and power valve to start. The power valve is not stamped and the jets are 70's. Do I need to change the needle valve or install anything else. Our rules allowed us to run 350's this year. I understand every motor and atmosphere is different but im just trying to get an ideal.

try 73s and 25-45 pv should do some test and tune with it before racing

Bolt in on, set the float level and run it. Its close with 70's.May need PVCR and anti=pullover nozzle later on to work better for you.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

If it's a stock 7448 Holley then the jets from the factory are 61's and the PV is an 8.5
    If no one has fooled with the metering block or opened the air bleeds then a good starting point is 62's and a 6.5 PV.

If it's a Dorton 350 Holley then a good starting point is 67's and a 3.5 PV.

I haven't seen a stock 350 Holley that's ever needed anything approaching 70's for a 2300 mini.

ours is a 7448 with 75s and 35 pv with mixture screws out 3-3.5 runs like a champ

If 14 jet sizes over stock works in your setup then so be it. I just haven't found it to be the case in the engines I build which by the rules are somewhat close to what the original poster is asking about. Once someone goes in and starts changing the PVCR and/or the air bleeds or if they're using oxygenated fuels and need to jet up all bets are off.

just saying thats what we have ran in ours ran that way for years with 110 fuel

Thanks guys im getting ready to try it out in a minute. Figured id check on here one last time. When I took it apart I realized it had been worked. The butterflys have bigger holes drilled and the inside has been apoxyied. Also there has been some meterering block work. May be too much for a 4 banger. Id like to know where my buddy got it from thought he bought it new. haha But anyways im gonna start with the 70s and see what that does. The powervalve is a 45 I beleive.

keep us posted on how she runs. Worked often times means f***ed up.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?