May 17, 2012

Billy Beachler and his CBA Motorsports team happy to be back in West Virginia; looking forward to racing on familiar turf.

Billy Beachler and his CBA Motorsports team made the 400 mile trip to Susquehanna Speedway Park in Newberrytown, Pennsylvania this past weekend to compete with the Steel Block Bandits. Although the results were not what the team hoped for, they learned a lot for when they make the return trip north in September for the second Bandits race at the track.

Starting 2nd in competitive heat race No. 4, Billy fought an ill handling car right from the drop of the green, finishing well out of a transfer position. With the B-Mains scheduled next, running in the last heat race became a disadvantage time wise, to what you could do to the car. The crew went to work; aided by CBA teammate Walker Arthur, major changes were made to try to get the Cecil B. Arthur owned Rocket Chassis #21 more adaptable to the tricky surface. Starting dead last in the 12 lap B-Main that would only qualify the first 3 cars, Beachler slowly made some gains on the track and with the car, but it was not enough. The team would be awarded a series provisional spot and start the 30 lap feature from the 25th position. When the checkered waved and the dust had cleared, Billy had picked up 8 spots and was credited with a disappointing 17th place finish.

“You know it was a bad night, when the pill draw was the highlight of the evening” laughed Billy from his Franklin, West Virginia race shop. “I have never had a car feel that bad. We were just way off from the start and that just put us behind and we never could catch up. I’m just so thankful for this opportunity that Cecil has given me; I hate it when we run terrible. Cecil puts absolutely no pressure on me; it is all about what I put on myself. My crew couldn’t make the trip so it was just my wife and a few local friends, along with Walker’s team. I just wish I could have run better for them. My team jokingly declared that since we had to remove a window to comply with series rules at the beginning of the night, it totally unbalanced the car’s aero package” added Beachler with a smile.

The team will race a double header in Virginia this weekend, starting off Friday night at Natural Bridge Speedway with a $1500 win 30 lap feature. On Saturday, the Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls & Beef Farms/Kawalski Racing Engines No.21 will unload in Waynesboro, Virginia at Eastside Speedway for another $1500 to win 30 lap feature. Both races will be run under the Steel Block Bandit sanction.

Billy would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls & Beef Farms, Cecil B. Arthur General Contracting, Kawalski Racing Engines, All About Wraps, Sunoco Race Fuels & K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
May 18th – Natural Bridge Speedway – SBB
May 19th – East Side Speedway – SBB
May 25th – TBA
May 26th – TBA
June 1st – TBA
June 2nd - TBA
June 9th – Hagerstown Speedway – SBB (2 Features)

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media