Thread: To Tight

Default To Tight

01 warrior, 604 2350 lbs, 55.6 left, 53 rear, 40 lbs bite,(springs) 400 lf, 400 rf, 225 lr, 250 rr, 5th coil 34" out 300 lb spring, j-bar 7" rake center of pinion, 1/4" lead in rr, 6" stagger on hoosier 1350's.On a hooked up track, the car is glued to the track down the straights, won't spin, turns a little at corner entry with hard braking but as soon as you touch the throttle the car gets tight. The car works great on a dry track. Any one have any ideas?

I am not a warrior guy but looking at the numbers the car has too much left side. I would bring it down to at least 54 and see how it does. What you are describing is that the car is not transferring enough weight when it is tacky. Good luck.http://www.4m.net/images/smilies/cool.png

put a 550 in LF and put 1/4 inch trail in RR instead of lead.that should really help entry then work on middle and exit

Correct trail not lead

My 04 had the same problem. Is the nose digging in? or is the rf shock bottoming out?

I have the RR bars 1/4" longer, ths RF shock still bas about 1 1/2" of travel left and the RR about 2 to 2 1/2" ???? The car seems to roll up fine it's just when you touch the throttle it bites so hard it carries to the wall !!!

Tire pressure ?

Where are your bars for the heavy track? On a hooked up track we had to move the rr top bar to the top hole and lr bottom 4th hole up from the bottom. Although I think the 01's only had 3 bottom holes so you may look into adding some.

Air pressure 12 on RS, 8 LF, 7 LR. RR top bar at the top, RR lower bar up 2 holes from neutral and LR top rod down 1 hole. Lower brackets have 5 holes, 2nd from bottom neutral, top brackets have 4 holes 2nd from bottom neutral..

I have a mod and when the track is tacky I add rear steer to get the rear to come around.You could move the RR back another 1/4.

Remove left side %...lower ballst also...add bite
    What are your wheel weights on scales?

Default warrior

i had this same car and i got close to figuring it out. i agree w l/s % is too high. forget the warrior setup for that year its junk. i even had zero bite in the thing before. knowning what i know now... id put a 600 lf spring 400rf 250 rr spring 200lr 80lbs bite. 53% left 53%rear 6 inch stagger 5th coil 300 all the way forward. bars on ls top in 2nd hole down top hole on bottom bars on rs top one in BOTTOM hole bottom one in bottom hole. my car had the giant pinion plate with alot of holes on the rs i put a 24 inch jbar on it and that really helped. keep the same rake and rear alignment but use the long j bar.

the 3 things that helped the most
    1- 53%l and 53% rear
    2- the r/s top bar in the Bottom hole(i know doesn add up but trust me try it)
    3-the 24" j bar smoothed out my throttle hike

pm me if cant figure it out. i learned how to race w that car i been all over the board w it up to 56%rear no bite negative bite all kinds shocks and springs i changed roll centers spindles lower a arms lol everything but the kitchen sink. my old posts are still up maybe can search them?

Default warrior

and thinking back this car had alot of l/s % built in it. i think i had to add like 150 lbs to the r/s to get it in the high 53's. my air pressures were lf-10 rf-12 lr-6 rr-10

the darn thing would not spin tho lol if they could ever hook the front tires the way they built that thing to hook that l/r theyd win every race. its like the lr tire would overpower all other corners and drag the car toward the wall. and when i put rear steer in it it made it worse bcause it turned the lr to the wall faster and just pushed the whole car forward and right.

Don't do to much crap to it that you can't drive it at all. All i got to say is raise Jbar on pinion 1". It'll free up entry to help rotate in mid corner. Also, I do agree with the left side weight but according to banking and a "hammer down" track you may need that left side to keep car balanced in turn.

i would call warrior and talk to kevin as you have many things wrong. but i will tell you a 550 lf and 400 rf will never work with an 18" lower rf.