Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default no forward coming off

Car is good in and through the center but I'm loosing everything off..have 126lbs of bite in the car always on a dry slick track..could this be a pullbar issue. Not sure how old the spring is in it because of the car being bought used...really good in and through the center but have no drive off for about thirty feet or so...looking for adjustments pullbar is 1 hole from bottom on frame and at the top of the mount on the q/c shock on the rear end is getting 3.5 in of travel. IV been told that is to much travel...any ideas...

126lbs of bite seems a bit high for a 4 link. Also you probably only have 3in. of travel on pull bar because on decel you'll push back into that shock. You can lower your RRU bar a hole and see what happens. Birdcages indexed?

Bird cages are indexed. Took the car from 86lbs of bite to 126 because of chassis builder recommendation....in the heat the car was wicked loose coming off with no forward so we moved the RRUB up a hole and it gave the car a push...IV been told softer rr spring but its got a 175 in it now I don't know how low I want to go...another thing IV been told.is lower my pullbar a hole on the frame...just looking for others opinions....

Are you tailing out loose or do you feel like the car is spinning it's tires and won't "go". If you're getting over 2 inches of travel on the pullbar it's too much. You're just wasting energy and slowing acceleration. I think you should find a stuffer spring until you're getting around an inch and a half of wrap.

how much angle in pullbar now?

12-13° I took the pullbar out today and looked at it closely I'm getting 1.5in of travel on the shaft that I can. Visibly see...the car feels like it wants to snap around on me and then I'm just spinning.for 30-40 feet down the straight till it hooks up

sounds like it's not transfering the wt coming out what's the shock and spring rates?

175 LR 200 rr I'm not sure on the shock valving they are integra schrader valve shocks...I had the rr at 50psi and the lr at 230psi...its rolling over on the rr shock and.moving the indicator down.about 4 inches...

Where is your j bar? And your weight placement. You're probably loading the rr too much and it can't hold the traction anymore.

I had the same problem. Turned out the right rear axle snout/tube was bent back slightly. Car was good in and mid turn was awesome on a tight track, but nothing coming off.

If the RR has more traction it is going to try to go around the front, Snap loose on the throttle. If the LR has more it is going to push thru the front, throttle push. Are you running a tru 4 link on birdcages or welded to the rear? Lowering the LR bottom bar will aid traction from the center off on the throttle, this was an adjustment that we used often on a slick track. It is also listed on the 4 link adjustment info on Integra Shocks tech pages.

A tru 4 link with bird cages. The LR lb is already as low as i can go...we put more angle in the pullbar and may even shift the pullbar off center to the left of the rear end as advised by my chassis builder....if that doesn't work he told me to put a 1/4in trail in the rr

Angle in pull bar might help and moving pull bar left might also help.
    You could lower the lrt bar on b/c if you have the holes to do that. Is your dampner shock an oil or high pressure gas, you could put a dummy shock there if its an oil dampner or a high pressure gas dampner shock. A high pressure lr shock with low rebound and high compression would help also. Both will cost though. Is your lf shock good? Had the problem more than once. Good luck.

Keeping everything on mind....just trying to get better. Will try tomarrow night and see how things go! I hope I'm not fighting this all weekend as I plan to run a few nights this weekend d

More angle in pullbar should help 12 is pretty low. More trail will free the car more. I think he meant take trail out
    Last edited by powerslide; 05-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.

take pre load out of pull barspring

Thats a good suggestions also. Let us know how it goes, best of luck.

One post you said you have a 200 RR and another 175 RR??? You say your good in and at center, and no drive off. Tire pressures and need to find out about your shocks. A lot of throttle control on a slick track. I take rear steer out on a slick track. Idle your car at 1200-1300 rpm and see what happens.

That high of bite? Normally a higher bite will be loose in and tight off. With that much you will be loose in and so tight on throttle that it will throttle push. If the car doesn't go into the corner correct, you will have to try to compensate and most likely it won't respond mid corner and will be all over on corner exit. Try backing the bite down to 90# or 80# and leave everything else alone to start. Depending on other things, get the setup manual from the chassis builder and start there. From experience, even chassis builders when you talk to them will give you radical adjustments to use and if you are not ready for them, will create more problems. I would recommend starting out close to neutral and base then adjusting from there.

To adjust bite from setup and if you have a lot of LR bite you have to adjust with taking 1 round out of the LR, adding 1 round RR, taking 1 round out RF and adding 1 round LF. This will keep your ride heights close to setup. Adjust till you achieve the bite you want. Depending on what you have for the rear springs (sliders or coil overs), you may have to use the heims to do fine adjustments on the rears.

IMHO i would get atleast 20 degrees of pullbar angle. Also are you running a limiting chain on the left rear? If so i had the same issues you are having earlier this year. The chain was lifting the LR tire off of the track making the car snappy loose and no fwd bite off of the corner.