Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    i did it every sat. night!!8900 to 9200 every week!! (: these folks down here know i dont stay and play!! I travel and play so people know me!!
    lots of tracks!
    you have to be on top of your game to claim tha fame around here!! its really easy to do if i thought you wouldnt be stupied about it and listen id tell you how but you gotta act like a man and be willing to learn [and listen] its your choice if you wanna know pm me!!

I can't say that I've turned 9200 but I do know guys other than just dan that claim to turn that and they do win races just like dan does. I would say the avg Rpms for most cars at the tracks I run are between 7800 and 8400 all of these with hyd lifters.

Quote Originally Posted by faster12 View Post
    I can't say that I've turned 9200 but I do know guys other than just dan that claim to turn that and they do win races just like dan does. I would say the avg Rpms for most cars at the tracks I run are between 7800 and 8400 all of these with hyd lifters.
    on 5.2 rods though that is right get long get strong though lol

Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    there is no way you are turning 9200 with hydraulic lifters.
    man i hear people saying that all the time. dont believe it either, not with out making the stock hyd lifter solid

Quote Originally Posted by canopieman2002 View Post
    man i hear people saying that all the time. dont believe it either, not with out making the stock hyd lifter solid
    but wouldnt that be cheating???
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Quote Originally Posted by canopieman2002 View Post
    man i hear people saying that all the time. Dont believe it either, not with out making the stock hyd lifter solid
    man its called a dyno and years at this you learn tricks!! And no we do not take our lifters apart! And yes i have a head on shelf in me shop that will turn 9000 to 9200 all night !! It will not do it on a junk yard bottom end but it will with the good stuff!! All of this is depending on your rules rpms wins circle track races every night !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    man its called a dyno and years at this you learn tricks!! And no we do not take our lifters apart! And yes i have a head on shelf in me shop that will turn 9000 to 9200 all night !! It will not do it on a junk yard bottom end but it will with the good stuff!! All of this is depending on your rules rpms wins circle track races every night !!
    haha that head on the shelf is stock with nothing done to it.

Quote Originally Posted by supertruck57 View Post
    haha that head on the shelf is stock with nothing done to it.
    than you should want it right?? cause your not capable of tunning race stuff!! do pay pal this go around like i ask you to last time!! (:

So update on the lifter "problem" The engine builder he used used to heavy a spring and killed the cam and rockers. End of thread. While i value the opinions, advice and general knowledge of the posters in this thread I would appreciate you keeping your bickering to your own threads.

Now if moderators actually keep track of these posts....please lock this one.

doug, glad you got it figured out. pressure at correctly installed height is important on these fords.

dan32, send me a pm on how you turned hyds 9k. have turned them 8k but didn't have the cam or headwork to go higher. thanks.

olin

Quote Originally Posted by return to dirt View Post
    doug, glad you got it figured out. pressure at correctly installed height is important on these fords.

dan32, send me a pm on how you turned hyds 9k. have turned them 8k but didn't have the cam or headwork to go higher. thanks.

olin
    check your pm olin!

dan32, checked my pm and nothing there.

olin

Quote Originally Posted by return to dirt View Post
    dan32, checked my pm and nothing there.

olin
    ill try again