Thumbs down Warning: Don't buy any heads from dan32

We purchased what we thought was a new head that had a used cam in it. We were told that the cam would be degreed in and ready to bolt on the motor and go. (That was not the case at all). He told us on the phone how we should degree the cam in and did exactly like he told us. In turn it lead to detonation that melted our spark plug and burnt one of our valves. We removed the head to repair the valve. Looking at all the valves none of them looked like they were lapped in or a valve job was done. I decided I was going to take it apart and relap all the valves. With doing that I pulled the cam out and the cam bearings really wore out bad to the point that there was grooves in them. Only has 23 laps on the head from what is suppose to be brand new. Contacted Dan and told him what I found and he said it was cause cam was setup wrong and that I took new parts out and put old parts in. Said I ruined the head and he don't want to give money back for a ruined head that was wore out to start with. He sold us a wore out head that he claimed was a awesome head and told us to get it fixed and just go racing. Talked to a real engine builder and was told that timing will not wear grooves in cam bearings in 23 laps. Said he guarantees it to be good and if not will give money back and now that we took it apart and saw what it really is he says we did it and no money back. 1500 dollar scam and now has a excuse for everything wrong with it. Have pics to prove head. VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER DON'T DEAL WITH HIM

thats racing some stuff will last some wont!!!!!! sounds to me was ran lean if you can afford a $1500 head you can afford race fuel to run

Quote Originally Posted by checkeredflag2006 View Post
    thats racing some stuff will last some wont!!!!!! sounds to me was ran lean if you can afford a $1500 head you can afford race fuel to run
    Isnt 110 octane enough. mix gas was with old head and no compression 9.9:1 compression

Lol_______________________

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    And as i will not get in a pissing contest with you , you was told where to set it!!! im in atlanta ga., your in delaware!! did you get it right??? who knows you cant degree a cam with out it on the engine witch that comment makes you out to be un educated about these heads! you also have never had a solid lift head i told you to find someone to help you adjust valves!! you said i buld go cart motors this is no problem!! well it was!! you have had head 3 weeks was the happiest guy in the world when you got it, then you started turning and adjustin stuff and you had no idea what you was doing!! You tore the head up and said you wanted your money back!! thats crazy!! no one alive guarantees a race part esslliger, race eng, no one thats hidious to even say !! guys this guy is a squirrell i tried in every way to help, he starts making threat and i have scense had to file charges of harrasment witch this will be added paper work and warrant should get to him in next few days!! but if you deal with this guy know that he is a blind squirrel looking for a NUT!! and again i wish you luck with your head !! he also had pics of head being built and i have recipts for all parts hes crazy!! as i have pics of head being built and sent to him!!
    We were happy at first cause we thought we were going to have a nice good head like you falsely said it was. Also its not hard to use a feeler gauge when at first you said set exh, and int at 10 10 when hot (per what you told us to do), ran it and called back and you said adjust them at 10 and 12. You had no idea which one it should be. You had to call your buddy up to ask him everytime on what was needed to be done. I would like to thank you for telling me false info on how to set it up cause by it messing up we were able to take it apart (which don't take a rocket scientist to do) and see what kinda used and wore out parts were really in it for 1500 dollars. That is when the whole problem started with you running from your mistakes and not manning up to them. By the way you stated that detonation destroyed our cam bearings. NO WAY that shows how smart you are. Plus we set up the cam how the factory told us to and you said no no you need to advance it 4* more and mark that zero. Once again shows how little you know. The new carb we got was rich the whole time, and it never ran hot. got to 210 215 and shut it off hince why i only ran 10 laps in the feature. The distributor you stated that it was junk and not good for high rpms so we bought a new Mels ignition. The old distributor is still good for what we needed it for. But once again we spent money listening to you. Now i would like to close this by informing YOU that I have been in contact with the law in reference to steps needed for pursuing legal action in getting my money back due your fraudulent representation. At this point you can either man up and refund my money or we can take legal action, it is nothing for me to come to Georgia for a day and go to court.

I would like to know how all this comes out. i got a head from ronnie covey in carolina and everything in it was junk. 2 bent valves, junk cam bearings, 1 cracked pad on cam follower, and no adj cam gear that was in pic of head and was told would come with it. dont deal with ronnie covey for even a glass of water, he is just a thief!!!!

lol come on down i can give you a great motel refrence !! and ill take you to the races and show you what a fast race car looks like !! and if you pay attention you can learn to set valves and run racing fuel and not to set cam timming 8 degrees in adv. so bring your proof and come on down!! i told you what you was doing would ruin the head and it did wish you lots of luck with getting it fixed!! by the way guys how many of you have ever got a gaurantee on ANY RACING parts this guy is a real fruit cake !! i spent hrs trying to help him i did all i can do you cant fix STUPIED but i tried!!!!see ya soon!!
    You just admitted to telling us the wrong (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) and it ruined the head. We run race fuel vp 110 race fuel and we told u that we ran mixed in old head. the only reason why it took hours is cause u had to call your buddy and then call us back, you didnt know what you were doing.

110 you told me it was pump gas !! funny last guy did same thing you said........ i did!! Folks i got pics of the build in all stages hes a lost cause !! he detnated themotor by changing everything on head an had no idea how too !!so come on down so we can look at these pics in court and you can see stone mt. while your here!! and i dont run nothing like that so cant say it was mine thebronze guides gives it away i dont even have them in my head but put them in for you in a junk head!!! lol whatever bro come soon!!
    We have told you numerous times we were on race gas. the pics you have show red paint on the inside of the head. who paints the inside of the head?? or is it rust?? we only changed timing like you told us. Your pics have no markings to match up to the head we got. What are you talking about you dont run them?

O also for 1500 it didnt even come with a cam seal. he told us we had to buy one

but in a old head it would have had one you look even dumber now that 3 dollars break you!!! poor guy you rushed the crap out of us buiding it and i sent it with insuranse for 1500 that i paid for...... and why would i do that on your so called used head dude stop running your mouth and come on down to ga. your va fool and gonna be proved one again when you get here so bring your nasty mouth on down here and do what you think you gotta do!! player!!
    But you said it is race ready. was it race ready, NO. You told us 1500 covered everything. It was a used head. how did we rush you? you were more worried about getting the money then we were the head. sounds like a scam to me. Bottom line is everything was used except for the flowers. No valve job done to it, rusty springs, keepers didnt even match, some were black and some were chrome. Did you ever check the seat pressure to see if the springs went with the cam??

CANT FIX STUPIED NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah come on down south southern hospitality is greatwe will show you around and send you home educated!!how to set cam and lash and not run pump gas!! good luck again with your new head!!
    You said it was boat anchor the other night. you dont sound to educated to me. We dont run pump gas moron.

after all you done to it !! It might work for an anchor you trashed a really nice head! And we have all the spring pressures even know install heights change the parts and come on down here to court theres been sevreal hands on that head building it come get chumped!! Come tomorrow this will be funny!!
    man i talked to said he is only one that worked on it. unless he did it then you changed the parts?

Does anyone reading this feel i got ripped off?? We just did what he told us to do since he did so called do the head. This all started by just trying to lap the valve in and then just pulled it apart to check it all out and this is where we are at

well i have bought a head from dan32 lately and might i say ran in the top three everyweek. i do know that no matter where u get a head from done u will have to set the valve lash poir to starting it and running it lol souns like to me u messed up? and by they way fyi there is no warrenty on a cam from any machineshop dont believe me then call esslinger and race eng. i know ive messed u a few my self.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwes38 View Post
    well i have bought a head from dan32 lately and might i say ran in the top three everyweek. i do know that no matter where u get a head from done u will have to set the valve lash poir to starting it and running it lol souns like to me u messed up? and by they way fyi there is no warrenty on a cam from any machineshop dont believe me then call esslinger and race eng. i know ive messed u a few my self.
    Is your head solid or hyd? and we did as he told us to do with setting everything up. nothing was messed up except for a valve was burnt. that has nothing to do with wore out bearings so bad that they have grooves in them and no I'm not talking about the grooves put in the cam. Also the valve seats were rusty. and i know cams don't have a warranty but he guaranteed the head to be bad ass and if we didn't like it then we could send back and get money back. So there for he does not honor his word and already admitted to what he told us to do ruined the head

Quote Originally Posted by supertruck57 View Post
    Does anyone reading this feel i got ripped off?? We just did what he told us to do since he did so called do the head. This all started by just trying to lap the valve in and then just pulled it apart to check it all out and this is where we are at
    come to court and see! im done with you !! GOOD LUCK FIXING YOUR MISTAKES!!

lol come on down i can give you a great motel refrence !! and ill take you to the races and show you what a fast race car looks like !! and if you pay attention you can learn to set valves and run racing fuel and not to set cam timming 8 degrees in adv. so bring your proof and come on down!!

(i told you what you was doing would ruin the head and it did wish you lots of luck with getting it fixed!!)

by the way guys how many of you have ever got a gaurantee on ANY RACING parts this guy is a real fruit cake !! i spent hrs trying to help him i did all i can do you cant fix STUPIED but i tried!!!!see ya soon!!
    There you go right there is the proof that you told use what to do and ruined it. We did what you told us to do.

guess i was right when i checked the claims that you made about the Hyd head you had for sale Dan.

Cool

lol, pissing match!