Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Warning: Don't buy any heads from dan32

We purchased what we thought was a new head that had a used cam in it. We were told that the cam would be degreed in and ready to bolt on the motor and go. (That was not the case at all). He told us on the phone how we should degree the cam in and did exactly like he told us. In turn it lead to detonation that melted our spark plug and burnt one of our valves. We removed the head to repair the valve. Looking at all the valves none of them looked like they were lapped in or a valve job was done. I decided I was going to take it apart and relap all the valves. With doing that I pulled the cam out and the cam bearings really wore out bad to the point that there was grooves in them. Only has 23 laps on the head from what is suppose to be brand new. Contacted Dan and told him what I found and he said it was cause cam was setup wrong and that I took new parts out and put old parts in. Said I ruined the head and he don't want to give money back for a ruined head that was wore out to start with. He sold us a wore out head that he claimed was a awesome head and told us to get it fixed and just go racing. Talked to a real engine builder and was told that timing will not wear grooves in cam bearings in 23 laps. Said he guarantees it to be good and if not will give money back and now that we took it apart and saw what it really is he says we did it and no money back. 1500 dollar scam and now has a excuse for everything wrong with it. Have pics to prove head. VERY UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER DON'T DEAL WITH HIM

Don't you have his address I'd be talking face to face Just saying that's BS
    my daughter my sailor my hero the next greatest generation is our men and women now in harms way Pray for them

We were happy at first cause we thought we were going to have a nice good head like you falsely said it was. Also its not hard to use a feeler gauge when at first you said set exh, and int at 10 10 when hot (per what you told us to do), ran it and called back and you said adjust them at 10 and 12. You had no idea which one it should be. You had to call your buddy up to ask him everytime on what was needed to be done. I would like to thank you for telling me false info on how to set it up cause by it messing up we were able to take it apart (which don't take a rocket scientist to do) and see what kinda used and wore out parts were really in it for 1500 dollars. That is when the whole problem started with you running from your mistakes and not manning up to them. By the way you stated that detonation destroyed our cam bearings. NO WAY that shows how smart you are. Plus we set up the cam how the factory told us to and you said no no you need to advance it 4* more and mark that zero. Once again shows how little you know. The new carb we got was rich the whole time, and it never ran hot. got to 210 215 and shut it off hince why i only ran 10 laps in the feature. The distributor you stated that it was junk and not good for high rpms so we bought a new Mels ignition. The old distributor is still good for what we needed it for. But once again we spent money listening to you. Now i would like to close this by informing YOU that I have been in contact with the law in reference to steps needed for pursuing legal action in getting my money back due your fraudulent representation. At this point you can either man up and refund my money or we can take legal action, it is nothing for me to come to Georgia for a day and go to court.

I would like to know how all this comes out. i got a head from ronnie covey in carolina and everything in it was junk. 2 bent valves, junk cam bearings, 1 cracked pad on cam follower, and no adj cam gear that was in pic of head and was told would come with it. dont deal with ronnie covey for even a glass of water, he is just a thief!!!!

what kind of head was it that cost $1500??? i just sold a solid head in good shape prettymuch ready to go for $500 to a member on this board. i cant imagine how many quality heads i could build for $1500
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    this guy will take one but beware he will trash it and write about you and stalk you!! i have reciepts for over $750 in parts for valves 100 long ferrar paded followers solid stud kit and springs cam bearings and bronze guides and then machine work! it was a brand new head with a $300 596 crower cam that was the only used piece in the head and he was informed of it before payment!! all new ill take 3 for 500 car 62 can you send them this week!! i really dout you have ever owned a head of this quality!! any one that races knows tuning is of up most importance ! you cant detanate these motors and them last he was so far out of tune he burnt the valves i cant fix stupied!! even when i try!! you try him car 62!! i think you can fix him!!
    I spoke to the guy who built the head, Dan didn't build nothing. The cam is only 250.00 and it is wore out also. Again Tuning has nothing to do with cam bearings being wore out with grooves. You keep going back to timing. that does not cover the cam bearings being wore out??? You sold junk stuff to make a quick buck and now you were caught and cant take the truth

its funny how i told you all the wrong info but from (a factory) you got what info?? you tore the head up!! you forget you sent me messages with it running you wraping on motor saying it runs good!! then you went to track adv. it 8 degrees ruined it and now its no good come on down to ga!! and do what you gotta do !! bring that guaratee you got in writing too that never did and never will exist on racing parts!! i poped a 3500 bottom end in 2 races im not crying to race eng. for another i called and ordered another crap happens at 9800rpms!! you go real fast and sometimes you break!! i manned up and got another you need to do the same !! but get hyd. your not qualified enough to run a solid way above your head right now!! !!!
    the factory told us it was advanced 4* already and you insisted that we go another 4*. 4+4= 8 duh Wrapping on it? only went to like 3500 and thought u told us we needed to turn it 8500 rpm. WTF do you not understand. Timing does not ruin cam bearings. You dont have a leg to stand on.

i said paid labor and parts!! i never said i built it!! i have that witness and the machine shop come on down to ga>!!!! im gonna laugh at you all the way home!! you know it was all new but cam your so stupied the cam was out of an svo head the so called grooves you see are oil gallys cut in cam for svo head !! it doesnt hurt to run on bearings again!! you just see where it was riding in cam bearing nothing wrong with them other than you jamming valves into pistons when you messed up on timming!! for all i know this isnt even head i sent you your a real slick leg fast talker!! no nothing type of fellow!! you said you degreed go cart motors you could handle this one and you handled it alright you stuffed all the valves in the pistons for 10 11 or 23 laps how ever many you ran!!!again good luck fixing your mistakes!!!!
    or come see us in ga. weathers nice down here and racing is great!!
    The grooves are in the bearings not the cam. The cam is fine. So what your saying is they are used and not new? How did the valves hit the pistons?? tell me that. WTF you talking about. why would i spend 1500 dollars on a so called badass head and not run it?? Again when did valves hit the pistons?? YOU KNOW NOTHING AT ALL. YOU JUST TALK IT OUT YOUR ASS.

THE FACTORY!! What factory told you how to set up the cam!! coca cola factory!! lol! that cam was in a svo head it has a oil groove cut in center of cam for oil in svo head!! keep cussing on here moderators love it!! kids read this be a man and watch your mouth and respect others and there families like you should have mine sunday night stalking me all night long come on down theres a warrant waiting on you!!
    Crower we called them and they said it is already advanced 4* and we called you and told you that and you said no you need to go 4* more. Your not very intelligent. Nobody said the cam, the cam bearings are wore out. first you said it was the timing, then the carb, then the valves. You keep going around the problem at hand. Not yet have i cussed. you need to watch what you saw. Whats wrong your so up tight cause you got called out and dont know what to do about it. and the warrant thats a joke. did a pretty good job of keeping you up didnt I?

stupied

I cant believe your calling someone stupid and repeatedly typing stupied, lol..

Thanks for the laughs...

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I cant believe your calling someone stupid and repeatedly typing stupied, lol..

Thanks for the laughs...
    HAHA and calling me uneducated

for the last time!! that cam should have been set in at 99 degrees your to stupied to even know that!! you can not flat bar the cam due to how its cut but you pack up and come see me down here!! court or how ever you feel you need to handle it!! (: see ya soon good night ! people beware this guy is a real cfruit cake im sure reading this let you all know !as i said 20 times before good luck fixing YOUR NEW HEAD!!
    HAHA you told us to flat bar the cam. and then go 4* advance. Crower told us to flat bar it also. YEH PEOPLE BEWARE READ HIS POST AND LOOK HOW HE REPEATED CHANGES HIS STORY OVER AND OVER AGAIN. THATS WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH HIM

if you talked to this guy you will see why
    HAHA haven't misspelled a word yet, but you keep acting like a child about the situation.

Does anyone reading this feel i got ripped off?? We just did what he told us to do since he did so called do the head.

again...$1500 for a head seems REALLY steep...i dont care if it was strapped,CNC ported,and had a .610 roller cam with cam gear...

the head was not worth $1500 and you probably should have asked around and inquired before spending that much...the bottom line is you have $1500 worth of paperweight...and now Dan32 has a bad reputation that others will see and consider before buying from him

both cases have been heard,there is no point in being "stupied" about it anymore...whats done is done
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

as i said in other post come on down tack me to court im waiting on you!! Good luck fixing your new head!!!
    Dont worry buddy I got my ducks in a row.

lmao man Dan o is the baddest driver, best car builder and the smartest person there is in the mini stock class. if you dont believe me just ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by canopieman2002 View Post
    lmao man Dan o is the baddest driver, best car builder and the smartest person there is in the mini stock class. if you dont believe me just ask him.
    HAHA i can see the sarcasm in that one

Cool

never heard of you?? so that says something you know me!!(:

Cool

never heard of you?? so that says something you know me!!(: lol this guy has to change names on different forums hi ministock judge you still offened cause i turned down your friend request?? lol ): poor guy!!
    Last edited by Dan32; 06-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.