Default Any updates from UMP/MARS race at Paducah tonight?

Any updates would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

All I can give is Moyer won his heat. Feger was 2nd.
    8/13/16

I heard that track conditions were terrible.

I heard they had 23 cars and Moyer was winning until 5 to go and had a flat, winner is Terry Engish and Feger 2nd according to twitter.

24 cars. Track was pretty heavy early on. Few cars were running the bottom. Jason Riggs was able to run bottom early on. Moyer had a good lead but started to slow from tire going flat.

Horrible car count all classes. I doubt they stay open the rest of the year. Drivers and fans are getting fed up with current management/owners.

Quote Originally Posted by HIGHBANK View Post
    I heard that track conditions were terrible.
    You heard wrong. The track was nice and smooth, but it was wicked fast up top. In the feature, cars that ran the middle groove moved forward.

Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Default Results

1) TERRY ENGLISH 2) Jason Feger 3) Ryan Unzicker 4) Shannon Babb 5) Jesse Stovall 6) Randy Sellars 7) Dennis Erb Jr 8) Tony Jackson Jr 9) Tim Brown 10) Chris Shelton 11) Jarryd Holshouser 12) Justin Asplin 13) Caleb Ashby 14) Leroy Johnson 15) Lee Thomason 16) Billy Moyer 17) Tanner English 18) Jason McBride 19) Jason Riggs 20) Brandon Morton 21) Jeff Walston 22) Brian Shirley 23) Mitchell Lingauer 24) Scott Riggs

Quote Originally Posted by Ace96 View Post
    Horrible car count all classes. I doubt they stay open the rest of the year. Drivers and fans are getting fed up with current management/owners.
    Who's gonna run it after they close? Tindall?

Quote Originally Posted by m00nfan1 View Post
    Who's gonna run it after they close? Tindall?
    I doubt Tindal would run it again especially when one of his sons is running a crate car. Just know when you can only draw in 5 mods you have a problem.

nice to see a local win,way to go terry,if the english boys(father and son)could get a little more backing i could see them winning on a national level

by the way it looks the MARS only brought 4 cars the rest were UMP Paducah regulars. im not from the Paducah area and dont know of the tracks issues but i would say the MARS series could have major issues with only 4 cars showing up representing that series, i remember when the MARS would easliy bring 24-30 car by themselves to a show?!?!!?

Apparently having owners from NASCAR isn't all peaches and cream. Don't know the details but hate to see the track shuttered again. I agree with Ace96, if you can only draw 5 mods, there's definately a huge problem. Really sad state of affairs. Pevely, Macon, and Eldora seem to be doing just fine under the NASCAR owners.
    Last edited by STRNGRTHANDIRT; 06-02-2012 at 04:47 PM.

I know some people won't like it but it's times like these I miss KLMS. I was there the day it opened and the day it closed only missed 1 big late model race during that time and it had more than it's fair share of problems but I still enjoyed going there. KLMS probably won't ever open again but I would sure hate to see no racing in western kentucky for the fans in that area, I enjoy going to Paducah also.

Default economy

I think the economy is really killing racing right now low sponsorship something has to change in Washington and fast.

i don't know about other classes but the low car count in mods has to do with officials not being consistant on rules, low payout (1st place ok, but drops off quick), and if someone
    suggest improving rule, they won't listen to what you have to say. Also pricing theirselves to high. It is silly to charge kids under 5 to get in to track. By the time a family of four
    goes to track for a night of racing it costs $50 - $70 by the time you buy their food and drinks. I know they need to make money but try to do something to lower a night of entertainment
    and you might get more people to come. If you don't have car counts the fans will quit coming. Maybe the owners should start listening to drivers and fans to see if they could get some input
    on things to do to get car counts up and fans in the stands.

Question

Aren't kids 12 and under free?

Kids are free except big shows and they are $5. I see no issue with charging, after all movies charge them to get in. Biggest issue is they won't leave the track alone. They keep adding water throughout the night and it makes everyone run up against the wall. One lane track. That's why no mods.

Also, the scheduling could use some tweaking. They had Nascar Night Tuesday and then Tri-Track Challenge Friday night both costing $20.00 admission. In this economy the money for most folks just isn' there.

NASCAR Night attendance was poor along with car count. Biggest problem besides inconsistent calls is the track prep. They dumped water on bottom and middle last Friday. Forced everyone to the top. If they had left it alone it would have been racey. That's why only 5 mods showed up. Follow the leader.

I figure that the UMP race will be $25 to get in, I will go to Clayhill the night before but don't know about PIR, haven't missed a SummerNat's race there in about 8 years.