Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tight entry!

Default Tight entry!

We have all seen it. The car starts to push on entry, and when you let off the gas it takes off. It is really noticeable on a wet track, such as hotlaps, and the heat. If we don't change anything when it gets dry, it is really good and we go forward. But I can't get through the heat race. I know it is a bar issue. But We can't find it. What do you guys do if it is tight in, on a wet track?

It is a 4-4 Impressive Car.

Add trail, raise rlb a hole, or raise j bar on pinion, or a mixture of the three.

We have raised rrlb up 2 holes, raised pinion j-bar. We have not lengthened rr wheel base. How much?

Start with a 1/4. If the car likes it, go more. Just take it out before a dry main. If when you let off it gets worse, it's because the steer I going away and the rr is loaded more than the lr. What shock do you have on the lr?

Soften the lf spring up that will free you up on entry

Sounds like he's trying to keep it easy because his car is really good in the main, so spring probably isn't a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dracer View Post
    We have all seen it. The car starts to push on entry, and when you let off the gas it takes off. It is really noticeable on a wet track, such as hotlaps, and the heat. If we don't change anything when it gets dry, it is really good and we go forward. But I can't get through the heat race. I know it is a bar issue. But We can't find it. What do you guys do if it is tight in, on a wet track?

It is a 4-4 Impressive Car.
    If you have a 4 inch offset on the RR like they recomend put on a 3 inch or get a 1 inch wheel spacer or you can try moving the RR upper bar down on the birdcage or up on the frame it works at some tracks and some it doesn't.

LR shock is a 6/2 Pro. We run the shocks what he recommends except they are Pro's. The 1" spacer is a good idea.

Spring change is not really what I am looking for. It is REAL good in the slick, just too tight when wet on entry.

How does the car land off the gas into the corner? We have the same thing going on. Car is great in the main,but sucks in the heat.
    Our car has alot of hikeup all the time,I noticed it lands hard at entry.The driver always says it is tight on entry. Done the pinion up.(affects exit)the j-bar down.(Wrong) the rt lower bar up (can you say 4 wheel slide)ect....
    I want to tie the rf shock,and put alot of comp in the left rear. I think this will hold the car up on entry so it dont get the rr loaded so fast? Wanted to try this this weekend but rain rain rain... Am i off on the thinking? Good Racing guys!
    BUSTING OURS TO KICK YOURS

Even before it lands you can feel it tighten up. The rrlb raised, it carries the LF. Tried the j-bar and pinion locations too. Skates the car.

whats the rf shock

we have tried a 5/3 and a 3/5. It feels like a rear bar issue though.

RF brake shut off.

Or dont be scared to spin the tires in the slop. Seems like the guys winning hot laps are the ones that just hold it to the floor and lettem spin. I personally dont like my motors tongue hanging out like that so i dont do it.

More rear brake.

Or more LF spring. The LF spring gets you into the corner and is almost unloaded the rest of the time. A stiffer spring will catch more weight during decelleration and braking a stiffer LF will cause the car to want to turn in that direction. Go to your local racing parts house and get a couple spring rubbers. Put one in and try it out. You can pull it out in about 30 seconds if it is not right or you need to change for the feature, just jack that corner up an bit and slide it out.
    Last edited by Egoracing; 06-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Air pressure and springs ?

tried the spring rubber, but I still think it is in the rear... We are running exactly what Jumper recommends on springs and air.

This should help, it is the best adjustment guide out there.
    http://www.integrashocksandsprings.c...ckTuningGd.pdf

Are you running a dampner shock, taking it off will loosen entry some. Make sure your brake bias is correct and your adjusting set of wheels that your wanting to if you didn't run brake lines. Some times the brake master cylinders and lines are run different then your use to. Best of luck.
    Last edited by washeduptoo; 06-05-2012 at 07:59 AM.

im having the same issue. I run 90/10 on the rear so if u put a dummy shock in its place it would free up entry? Will this have any other effects?

It can loosen entry and you might gain some forward drive. Most in my area don't run them anymore, but you do what you think car needs no matter what anyone else is doing. Best of luck.