Default 2.3 slow to take off

our 2.3 is very slow to take off on starts and restarts. once it gets goin it is really fast and has won several races. we turn around 8000 after it gets going but we give up several car lengths on the start and would like to stop that. any suggestions like cam timing, ign anything would be great. thank you to everyone as we have got alot of help off of this board in the past. amazing how much knowledge there is on here.

Default More info

You really need to give up more information.
    What are RPM are you staring in?
    What is your cam?
    What carb are you running
    What size boosters in the carb.
    What gear are you starting in?
    What size track do you run at

There are many variables that need to be looked at before we can start to diagnose your issue.
    DR

is your cam advanced or retarded?

cam is esslinger solid, carb is a 350, stock intake. i think the rpm is just to low on the start for cam to start pulling. cam is set with e bar not advanced or retarded right now. running 2nd gear. the carb must pass all the tech gauges. track is 3/8

what is your gear ratio in 2nd, what rear gear ratio. What distributor are you running. Is it a tfi or a vac advance type. dura spark. Need more information. Also, which esslinger cam are you running.
    dr6 motorsports

try advancing it 2 degrees and see it that helps off the corner

Light clutch/flywheel if possible

Try to change your restart by backing off and timing to get a run on the rest of the cars because you said your winning races with the car i dont know if i would change to much. just my opinion
    Miller

Quote Originally Posted by millerlt3 View Post
    Try to change your restart by backing off and timing to get a run on the rest of the cars because you said your winning races with the car i dont know if i would change to much. just my opinion
    that is what i was trying to tell my son. he is only 13 so you know he doesnt always listen to dad. thank you maybe he will think about it some. i really think if he tries this it will be better.

i bought a head from johnson machine and ran the cam straight up and it was a dog of the corner but at the flagstand it took off. called Tim and he told me to advance it 4 degrees- did and it pulled great off the corner after that.

can you give me the phone number or website for this johnson machine crazyhorse. Thank you for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by r3tracing View Post
    can you give me the phone number or website for this johnson machine crazyhorse. Thank you for any help.
    864 697 6067 is the # but good luck with these guys there chasers around where we race 3rd 4th place cars!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    864 697 6067 is the # but good luck with these guys there chasers around where we race 3rd 4th place cars!
    Dan o where is your race shop and what your tech line number?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by canopieman2002 View Post
    Dan o where is your race shop and what your tech line number?
    oh i have that # for you 1 800 EAT SHIOT !!! ask for ministock judge free hand job with advice!! and he makes house calls!! (((:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    oh i have that # for you 1 800 EAT SHIOT !!! ask for ministock judge free hand job with advice!! and he makes house calls!! (((:
    Man your old lady wasnt suppose to tell you about that.

Quote Originally Posted by millerlt3 View Post
    this might work if no one is behind you but if there is then you might get run over by him. if they are going that slow just do a 1st gear start. pretty common with toyota and nissan trucks and cars but fords usually like a faster pace comming to the start.

olin

Quote Originally Posted by canopieman2002 View Post
    Man your old lady wasnt suppose to tell you about that.
    she doesnt mind you giving me hand jobs lol!
    wish you would be quiet doing it though you talk to much!!