Thread: Oil choices

Default Oil choices

I currently run a 16 degree aluminum head, 421 steel block, with dry sump, and on methonal. I run Brad Penn, with no wear problems, but change every other race. Should I keep with the brad penn or go with like a Gibbs and should I change oil less often? Motor is fresh without wash down problems.

Don't care what brand you use,you will always have oil pollution with alcohol fuel.Some are more compatible with alcohol,such as Royal Purple,but will still have to be changed more often than gas.

I run the gibbs oil 8-10 shows in my mod and I am on alcohol.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

Stick with the Brad Penn. We would change every 6 to 10 races. It would depend on how many consi we would run.

If you call the Brad Penn Engineer he will tell you 8 nights in a dry-sump with 12-16qt & oil cooler, 6 nights in a wet-sump with cooler, 4 nights in wet sump with NO cooler or on Alcohol. Only deviate from these suggestions if running 75-100 lap LM events, then every 3 shows. He also suggested Wix Racing 51060R Chevy & 51515R Ford\Dodge oil filters.
    Last edited by cassellracing24; 06-22-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Added oil filter #'s
    Central IL Bert Transmission Rebuilder
    Brian (217)201-3640