Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Stiffen that RR, it will rotate much better on the gas.

im having a tight problem into the corner off the gas . the track i run on is 3/8 fair amount of banking heavy adobe mud. full throttle down the staight away, right before the corner off the gas, get the car rotated and smash the pedal through the fire wall all the way around the corner from the start of the corner to the end of the corner and down the straight away.

so what kind of track/ track conditions do you use the "on throttle into the corner "type of driving style?

so.....im curious. did it work better?

sportmod rookie-

i havent been able to try anything yet. this week was the fair. i will let everyone know what happens on sunday i'm going to put good pads on the rear , run a 4off on lr and 2 off on rr and take a percent out of rear weight and see what happens. not all at the same time tho. hopefully the track will give me some practice laps between heats and main...

petaluma speedway?

I would try even springs in front.800's
    flatten out the lr bar angle.
    try a 225 in front on rr
    53.5 ls weight
    56% rear
    48.5 cross
    1/2" trail in RR

should get you in the ball park.
    If still too tight raise the rr bar up

heats and mains are differant setups if at petaluma, track is so close to water table that it affects setups. What works good in heat may not even be close for main. running the even springs in front helps when the track changes during the race. car stays more constant.
    Last edited by autoshop; 06-29-2012 at 01:34 PM.

950 was the RF Autoshop.

That RF weight seems real low, and it's hurting your cross. if you can take some rear out that should help, but try getting your fronts a little closer. if the frame is bent, it's gonna mess up your ride heights and geometry a bit, unless you can move ballast around, but it should still help. Think it's just too much rear %, if you can get it down to 54 you'll see a huge difference. try leaving it lower on fuel, if you're still ok on weight.

autoshop-
    ya its petaluma. lately its been dry wich is awesome cause i love dry slicks!! we will see what happens this week now that the flat track motor cycles are out of the way.just curious why i would want to put a havier spring in the right rear? that will tighten up entry off the throttle right? i have had a heavier spring in rr (200) wich made it tighter from what i recall.

dualdj1-
    i thought the front was a little light on the rf too. the only way i can get that back is by upping cross weight. so maybe a lighter rf spring to counteract the up in cross wieght to get the front weights more even???
    this weekend im going to lower rear weight by taking fuel out and moving battery forward and adding more left side weight by sucking in lr and moving rr out an inch. i will keep everyone posted

stiffing the rr will help it rotate on the gas,
    adjust springs for entry
    panhard bar for middle
    bar angle for exit

the reason I suggest even springs in front is the weight comes back not favoring either side when it comes back.
    With the 950 rf when the weight loads the rf, on excell the weight goes straight back to the rr with a softer rr the spring takes longer to react so the lr drives harder than the rr
    the rr spring in front is a freer setup , for a dry slick moving the rr spring to the rear will add a lot of drive off but may make the middle too tight.
    in times past petaluma never got dry unless it was a playday,

pay close attention to the tide tables when it's wet. In what order your main event runs will make your adjustment.

The tide going out when wet makes for a drier track earlier in the night but if the tide starts coming back in at 8-30 to 9 the track will hold the moister.

Don't let the tides trip you up like it does most teams running there for the first times

a 6 shock on the lf
    6 or 7 on rf if tacky
    4 shock lr wet
    7-2 shock lr dry
    4 shock wet rr
    3 shock dry rr

Quote Originally Posted by cgs View Post
    dualdj1-
    i thought the front was a little light on the rf too. the only way i can get that back is by upping cross weight. so maybe a lighter rf spring to counteract the up in cross wieght to get the front weights more even???
    this weekend im going to lower rear weight by taking fuel out and moving battery forward and adding more left side weight by sucking in lr and moving rr out an inch. i will keep everyone posted
    More cross and less rear will help. and think Autoshop has some good suggestions for you as well. Not sure what else you could do to even weights besides just adding lead, if you don't have any balast you can move. Maybe moving the battery around will help.

alright everyone, time to post about what happened

so i went ahead and lowered rear weight to 55%
    sucked in lr and moved rr out 1in
    put on some good pads on rears
    and lower my front springs to 700lf and 800rf

much looser on turn entry!!! very happy with turn entry now. was leading the main for 7 or 8 laps till i jumped the cusion ended up 2nd after jumping the cusion for a second time and passing back the two cars that passed me in the last turn of the last lap.

now what i did notice is that the right side frame rail is digging into the ground when going into turn one. rf shock travel indacator was at 4+ inches. so im going to put in an 850 right front spring for now. going to hanford this weekend for a two day show.
    thanks you every one for your help.

why not try going back to your 950, and see what difference it makes? Maybe it won't be too much, with the way your car is. And if it is, then you know that's the change that made the difference for you, and can adjust accordingly.

Chris:

I ran 5.14 at hanford 5.43/5.67 at Petaluma to give you a idea the differance in length's of the track.

Hanford slicks off and takes rubber on most two day shows if the second one is during the day.

if both are at night could be heavy both nights.Hanford's a fun track to run ,big banks no crash walls except the front straightaway.

if it slicks off you may want to drop the rr bar down in front so the rr sucks forward in the corners or move the rr spring to the rear of the housing.

Good luck........