Thread: 2300 rpm

Default 2300 rpm

what kind of rpm are people running on a stock crank, 5.7 rods, good pistons. and what kind of problems are you seeing with too many rpm

I turn my 2300 with a stock crank and eagle 5.7 rods 8000-8100 rpm the only thing i noticed is main and rod bearing wear when none of the assembly was balanced. the bearing wear was way better after i balanced everything. they say the trick if your going to turn over 7500 rpm to use crome molley rods or better.
    Miller

we turn about 8100 most of the time and last night broke the crank right in front of rear main and behind number three main. it took the complete #4 main web completely out of the block. this was balanced and line honed, just trying to figure out why it did this. bearings look brand new and motor only had about 6 races on it. rods were all in one piece just twisted a little.

also has anyone had any luck with the race engineering short blocks or esslinger short blocks

How heavy is your flywheel and ciutch assembly. a heavy flywheel/clutch or spinning and not getting the clutch pushed in before the engine changes direction is what usually brakes the crankshaft at that spot.

flywheel is 20 lbs by the rules

heavy flywheel and large journal crank...ESPECIALLY if ever turned will break..its just a matter of time...we ditched all of our large journal stuff and went to small journal..i have never seen a small journal crank break.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Lightbulb

we have broke both but as evreyone knows we spin them hard we broke 3 in 1 year come to find out had wrong bellhousing on tranny !! tranny would go in clutch but not pilot bearing! after we fixed this have had no more problems ! we also balance every thing it still broke until tranny was fixed! and never lightin a 2300 it will fail you ! been there tried that!