Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry BS @ Cleveland Speedway

I'm not a fan of any of the drivers that were involved in the fights at Cleveland, I just want to post my opinion of how it was handled. I was not at the track, but had seen on facebook the fight between Pritchard and Elliot. I would like to say I cant believe 3 track officials would stand back, (one being a brother of one of the fighters), and would let this take place in front of fans (most being children), and taking a chance on one of the drivers getting seriously hurt, or possibly killed. Shame on the track, the officials, and Bradley Co. police dept. for not handling it in time. I think the track should be shut down for a few weeks, or fined by the city due to the seriousness of this matter. The track officials knew of this fued and set back and let this happen. Shame on Cleveland Speedway, shame on the drivers, and Cleveland should look at how other tracks handle these similar issues. People need to remember that this is supposed to be fun for the drivers and the fans. For the drivers to take matters into theyre own hand in the way they did is unbelievable. I think all driveres involved should be barred, jailed, and also the officials that inticed this fight to take place on the back straightaway.
    Last edited by ga.dirt66; 06-17-2012 at 06:07 PM.

well gosh darn i was there. it was a delayed fight. i saw the track workers go up there and break it up.
    victim

so all your post but one is negative about cleveland. the police are paid very good money to work there, that is there job. give it a rest.
    victim

i have not seen a video of it on facebook. the link please
    victim

the link on fb shows one official arms out to his side hold the other two officials back to let them fight then finally it shows a cop finally showing up after the fight had been going on for atleast two minutes, and also the outlaw graphics guy steps in with the police to break up the fight, im not bashing the track, im a fan of the track, but not satisfied with the way it was handled by the officials, the fued should have been taken care of weeks ago, i will get u the link one moment

and if it was a delayed fight, police should have already been there

https://fbcdn-video-a.akamaihd.net/c...bd043dccacd112 here is the link, i cant pull it up on my computer, maybe ull have better luck

its ironic that someone just happened to delete the video posts? hmm?

To begin with the track workers aren't paid or trained to stop fights and as said I think it brewed a litle while before it happened and also as I said on another site If all the vultures would stay where they belonged and not run back and forth and instigate the drivers like little kids in school It may not have happened would You want to get in the middle of a bunch of Idiots I wouldn't and I carry a gun They did just what they should have waited for the police to take care of the matter I'm with Acetone Seems like all you want to do is Bit ch about Clev. Clev is on the right track But it's people like you that shed negative ideas about the sport that spread like wildfire with people who would love to shut Clev 411 Boyds Smokey Mt all down but permanantly instead of a few weeks This isnt' the first time a driver lost his cool and won't be the last Unfortunate Yes but That's the nature of the beast
    my daughter my sailor my hero the next greatest generation is our men and women now in harms way Pray for them

All he is really saying is the track should of handle it better and he is right. They could of hashed it out a whole lot different. If someone gets seriously hurt there will not be a place to race and nobody wants to see that.

Bring Monty back, he didn"t let things get this far out of hand.

Judging from what Jimmys face looks like I would say he got the bad end of the deal. Sure he got a running shot and got him to the ground but even as the video shows it doesn't look like Jimmy won that fight by any means. I mean sure all his following gets on here and pumps it up like he won,"there his buddies and there all 18 - 25 years old. In reality he didn't win that. He come down that hill like a Walrus trying to get to water. It's Jimmy and a Bunch of Kids that is going to get the place shut down. They run it to death online and at the racetrack. Family is going to always play favorites it's a little saying called "Blood is thicker than water". I love the track and love working there but is it just me noticing this or is everyone involved in the mess this weekend RELATED to CHAD ELLIOTT????

Everyone has an opinion and i'm throwing mine out there to be heard. I'm sure he lost a few drivers and fans who bring there kids to the race track on Saturdays and I'm one who also wants this place to stay open but do not like what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by trackofficial88 View Post
    Judging from what Jimmys face looks like I would say he got the bad end of the deal. Sure he got a running shot and got him to the ground but even as the video shows it doesn't look like Jimmy won that fight by any means. I mean sure all his following gets on here and pumps it up like he won,"there his buddies and there all 18 - 25 years old. In reality he didn't win that. He come down that hill like a Walrus trying to get to water. It's Jimmy and a Bunch of Kids that is going to get the place shut down. They run it to death online and at the racetrack. Family is going to always play favorites it's a little saying called "Blood is thicker than water". I love the track and love working there but is it just me noticing this or is everyone involved in the mess this weekend RELATED to CHAD ELLIOTT????

Everyone has an opinion and i'm throwing mine out there to be heard. I'm sure he lost a few drivers and fans who bring there kids to the race track on Saturdays and I'm one who also wants this place to stay open but do not like what is going on.
    That is my thoughts exactly.

what a disgrace by all involved. Most tracks would ban all involved. Just shameful . hopefully decent racing people will still have a track to race at.

what was it all over?

hard racing
    victim

Quote Originally Posted by Living_Truth View Post
    Ownbey/Welsham

First video is hard to tell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3vaQ...2&feature=plcp

But second angle clearly shows Ownbey take the first swing, while Welsham is still talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9CmU...W3XHSsnJTviwTg
    After watching both I agree.

WHAT TIME do they start this week ?
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

I think everyone involved in the fights should be bared for a couple months!! not just a couple weeks especially since they arnt running late models this week. This doesnt need to be a slap on the hand because this is serious!! to repond to the ownby taking this first swing he was in his pit this is not the first time welsham has went to another pit area running his big fat mouth and threatening people !! they all did wrong and should pay a big fine and be suspended, this kind of action is NOT acceptable and I for one will not be back with my family if something drastic isnt done to these people !!!

I agree things got out of hand this week but lets all back up off the ledge a bit. I have seen this happen at tazewell, boyds, north ga, bulls gap, and winchester with my own eyes in the past 10 years it is all on how the track reacts from here. If it becomes consistant issue then I too will take my business elsewhere. The track has issued an apology and instated a zero tolerance policy for fighting effective immediately and chad elliot posted on sunday morning saying he has stepped down. I think Chad and Ronnie have done a good job overall this year and they let things get outta hand and are trying to make it right we all make mistakes lets give them a chance to fix it before they are crucified.