Default QA-1 Balljoints stripping?

Has anyone else had problems with QA-1 screw-in ball joints stripping the threads either on the body or inside the control arm. I haven't figured out yet if it's the threads on the ball joint of the threads in the control arm but I'm going to take it apart tonight and switch components to isolate the problem.
    Has anyone else run into this?

i had the same problem with moog low friction ball joints and rf uppers on a rocket car but come to find out it was the ball joints cause i could screw howe ball joints in with no problem and in order to use the moog i had to weld them in

Same problem here switched backed to Howe no problems since

just removed my RF upper QA1 because it was stripped about an hour ago. threaded in a howe and it tightened up like it was supposed to.

QA-1 has an add on this page. Poof!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

There are 2 different thread pitches on screw in lower ball joints, moog k-727 and another that is k-6?? i have found, and different brand control arms seem to have different ball joint sleeves, and you just have to try one or the other to see which one screws in right.

We had this problem before and found out that qa1 ball joints are just a hair smaller than howe that being said alot of manufactures are starting to machine the bungs a little tighter for the qa1`s and then you have to taper the threads a little on the howes now if the qa1`s are stripping out or not getting real tight the bung is probably machined for howes and youll have to put a small weld about 1" on each side,thats if they are steel,or get another control arm
    Last edited by grt74; 06-22-2012 at 06:03 PM.