Thread: 650

Default 650

When talking to people online and at the track i always hear the number of a 650 being thrown around alot. I assume thats like the most common "dont know what you call it" final gear # everyone is looking for or should i say thats the most common # i hear people are shooting for...why not 675, 700..etc.etc...Why the 650 ?

Has to do with track size and rpm you want to turn... Most like to turn 6500-7000 (not speaking for them of course)or like me i like 7000-7500... For that i need a 7.00-7.16... But i run a paper clip type track tight turns long straights 1/4mile... The track at lvms most run 5.43-5.67
    Ask around in the pits what they run/twist on an avg night...
    Last edited by DANNY; 06-14-2012 at 05:32 PM.
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    Has to do with track size and rpm you want to turn... Most like to turn 6500-7000 (not speaking for them of course)or like me i like 7000-7500... For that i need a 7.00-7.16... But i run a paper clip type track tight turns long straights 1/4mile... The track at lvms most run 5.43-5.67
    Ask around in the pits what they run/twist on an avg night...
    I guess that leads to another debateable answer, what can the stock 350's turn in the stock classes and keep it together for an entire season, i know there is a thousand different answers, the only thing i know for fact is we turn 6000 on a 1/4 track, kinda d-shaped and some walk off on us.

That all depends on "the definition of STOCK"....
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Quote Originally Posted by DANNY View Post
    That all depends on "the definition of STOCK"....
    That is prob the broadest description in racing. Lol

I like having more gear,I fill like you can eas on the gas and eas back off on the dry slick track much better and turn quicker lap times. the gear helps coming out of the turn and help slow the car going into the turn to if you run a 6.00 were you need a 6.50 it will kill you push in a bog out plus it's hard on the lower end.