Default 2300 hyd cam in solid head?

Ok ive heard from a few guys this year that you can run a hydraulic cam in a solid lift head. Any truth to this. I got a solid head with a 510 cam thats to big for our rules. And another head that is cracked. Could I take the followers and cam and throw in the solid?

yes u can u just have to set the lash. run about .010 intake and .012 ex
    jared flower

Quote Originally Posted by Ministock25 View Post
    Ok ive heard from a few guys this year that you can run a hydraulic cam in a solid lift head. Any truth to this. I got a solid head with a 510 cam thats to big for our rules. And another head that is cracked. Could I take the followers and cam and throw in the solid?
    hyd. to solid no ! solid to hyd. yes!! ram speeds are different ! if it works cam want last long hyd. is to soft of metal!

Interesting.

Run a racing oil and you'll be fine

You can run a hydraulic cam in a solid head. I did it for years. I had .005 lash and it ran great. I never tried a solid running on hydraulic though. I would think the ramp would be different.

Default soild over hyd head

what does it gain over just run a hyd cam say i am running a 480 hyd head shaved to the may stock valves no port and polish now i put a 480 soild cam in the same head what would make it better then before

Quote Originally Posted by mus06 View Post
    what does it gain over just run a hyd cam say i am running a 480 hyd head shaved to the may stock valves no port and polish now i put a 480 soild cam in the same head what would make it better then before
    hyd. cams have diffrent ram speeds than solids the grinds are different!