Default 4-bar right 2 bar left. Tight going in

I have a Dw11. 4l-2r. It was super tight going into the corner in my heat race. Here is my set up. Left front:5c3r shock, 600 spring. Right front:3c5r shock, 650 spring. Left rear: 9c3r shock in front if housing, 200 spring behind housing. Right rear: 3c5r shock, 175 spring on housing. Stagger front 7/8 inch, rear 3/4 inch. 22lbs lr bite & 56.5% rear. This was my first ever race of any sort and the car pushed in the heat real bad. I raised the right bar all the way for the main and that helped. I started 20th and finished 13th on the lead lap. I was wondering what i can do to help it turn in the heat that will not mess with the weight %
    My caster is left 2.25* and right 4.50. Split of 2 1/4 degrees. Will a change here solve my problem.

Are you trailing the rr any, 1/4-1/2 that will help. Putting a little angle in lrl bar will help also usually. Good luck.

Yes we have 1/4 inch trail. Will move bar up

To start, I think you should increase your rear stagger and decrease the front stagger and dial in as much rear brake as possible!

Putting rear brake in is a good suggestion. Make sure when you bias the brakes that you are putting them to the rear and not the front. I should have also asked if the push was on the throttle or off?

Push is off the throttle. I hit the brakes turn it in low and it pushes up a little then i hit the gas and ut continues to push until about half way through the middle. Then it halls nutt off the corner. Ita a front wheel slide. And i had breaks all the way back.

Everything else I can think is going to affect wt, we used to run less fuel in heat to help with tight in. Good luck.

What about adding caster split

Leave the RR bar up. Try a straight valve shock on lr. Move RR out w/ spacer or diff offset and/or increase stagger. Most of those are fast easy adjustments at the track. Most mods run close to 2in rear stagger

Caster split will help it turn but it sounds to me with the front end slide its due to rear end having too much grip. All the things that have been suggested can help but most will move your wt around some. Good luck.

Thanks alot. Will reply back in this post after saturdays race and let yall know how it goes.

i've been playing with this set-up for a few weeks on a super stock type car {rr spring is on coilover behind housing}. try running about 30lbs rr heavy, seems like this deal gains a ton of lr traction compared to 4/4 for some reason. may also swap front springs. i'd like to try this with the lr ahead of the housing also.

i run a dw 12 and had the same problem so i went with more roll out in the rear and front i run 1.5 to 2.5 in rear and 1.to 1.5 in the front you . Have you tryed to put the car on 4 bar on both sides

just remember what works for one might not work for you

3.5 inches of rear stagger .... everytime
    up the LR bite to at least 75#.....
    22# of bite is a tight car.... don't worry about anything but your entry..... nothing else matters right now.....
    as soon as you turn in..... you have RR weight, which is side bite... and your sticking the RR in the track and it won't slide.... and it picks the front end up and it heads for the fence.......

Well not a good night. Went with 1/2" RR train and added a little more caster. In hot laps the car was very fast. I qualified mid pack (driver choked). Started 3rd in the heat and the track got really rough. Missed the transfer. Then in the B-main the track got even worse. I was wondering if it is normal for the frame rail to bounce off the track. My car did not handle the bumps at all. What is a good left rear shock to run on rough tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by imca90 View Post
    Well not a good night. Went with 1/2" RR train and added a little more caster. In hot laps the car was very fast. I qualified mid pack (driver choked). Started 3rd in the heat and the track got really rough. Missed the transfer. Then in the B-main the track got even worse. I was wondering if it is normal for the frame rail to bounce off the track. My car did not handle the bumps at all. What is a good left rear shock to run on rough tracks.
    175 on the RR with spring on housing sounds very light to me. RR 2 link drivers I've helped have always been in the 200-250 range.

It is only an 11" spring also. You think that is why the car was so rough through the bumps.

if you left the shock package you listed above on the car I'd say the shocks were your problem on a rough track.

What shocks numbers would be good for a tacky/rough track for a dw11. Im going 4 bar on both sides.