Default Fort Payne Motor Speedway 5th annual Firecracker 50

June 30th Full Racing Program, Featuring $3,00.00 to Win Super Late Model
    Plus BIG FIREWORKS SHOW, and Bicycle Race for the Kids

Count me in for this show, always enjoy the trip up Hwy-79 to Marvins joint.

Late Model Mark

Count me in to. They been having some good races. This will be a good show never know who will win. I'll be early to get a good seat

Cool

Just a few drivers to watch tonight. Robert gant -- Lucas burns-- Brian smith--Casey hall-- Tom Maddox-- Kenny brown-- and many more.

Cool

Kids bring those bicycles to race tonight. Also giving away 6 new bicycles tonight plus BIG FIREWORKS SHOW.

Default Updates

Any updates from fort payne

any results was Todd Morrow there

Tyler Millwood won. That's all i know.

Thumbs up

X mill wood takes $3000.00 at fortpayne moter speedway. 33 late models on hand. Very good show.

Thumbs up

1- x- millwood
    2-66-knowles
    3-1h-hiett
    4--4-Casey hall
    5--22-Jason Wilson
    6-10-turner
    7--t1-Todd morrow.
    8-21-Mario gresham
    Very good show

Thumbs up

I got up and left at 1 what a joke

i heard it took two hours to run 50 laps

1257... if it was such a good show how about giving us a full run down on what *SLM* were there. Millwood, Knowles,Heitt & Morrow are the only ones i see in the results you posted that are *true SLM*

also how about the other classes. what was the total car count. you never see any results from there, makes u wonder if Marvin doesnt want anyone to know how many people actually came.

Unhappy

I left at 2:00 and the race was half over. Heitt and Wilson were 1-2. Also give a big shout to Tom Maddox in Ivan Meeks crate car. Ran 6th most of the night until he got bumped off track. Hung in there with the suoers until then. Show just took too long.

Support classes were very weak. At the most 7 cars in them. Track was in as good a shape as it could be. Stands were full.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfor3 View Post
    give a big shout to Tom Maddox in Ivan Meeks crate car. Ran 6th most of the night until he got bumped off track. Hung in there with the suoers until then. Show just took too long.
    that's the question i was asking... how many of the cars were actually "Super" Late Models and how many of them run Limited or Crate at other tracks

Quite possible one of the most difficult tracks in all of the south to get information from. I like the track, but as for the promoting - it's the worst-best-kept secret around.

The double-file restarts are killer at this place. I don't mind D/F restarts, but they should put the leader out front by himself so the No. 2 guy isn't getting penalized time and again.

As for the late night, they aren't used to having more than 10 late models, plus they're never in a rush to get started.

Move the tractor tire in 3/4 back toward the infield so it will shorten the track a little more and give potentially two groves at that end of the track.

Again .... I like the track, but there are some things that should be adjusted.

-RH-

Sounds as bad as it was two seasons ago when I went for a visit. Put it on that list not to go back to until management/owner changes, which is becoming a really long list these days.