Thread: Clutch Pedal

Default Clutch Pedal

Alright, I have a mustang mini stock. None of the brake pedal and clutch pedal box is in the car, bought aftermarket brake pedal and master cylinder now my attention is on my clutch pedal set-up. Been told that stock is the way to go, but like I said there is no box. Is there any aftermarket set up available that will work? NEED HELP! Is the 1979-1993 5.0 clutch cable the same as the 4cyl? If it is, I think that I can fab something up.
    Last edited by razorbackrob; 06-26-2012 at 07:34 PM.

If the rules allow put a hydraulic slave set up in it.You already have an aftermarket brake pedal assy.You would have to hack up the stock assy to use just the clutch pedal.Use a slave cylinder,take your time and install it correctly,NO SHORT CUTS!!! You will see years of dependable service.

Quote Originally Posted by Milford Motorsports View Post
    If the rules allow put a hydraulic slave set up in it.You already have an aftermarket brake pedal assy.You would have to hack up the stock assy to use just the clutch pedal.Use a slave cylinder,take your time and install it correctly,NO SHORT CUTS!!! You will see years of dependable service.
    Have you ever done this before? If you have, can you give me some direction?

Here is an example of what you would need.http://www.ebay.com/itm/WILWOOD-CLUT...3f2702&vxp=mtr Mounts on firewall or you could use a floor mount.Slave cylinder will mount to bell housing.I prefer a pull type set up,it is easier to install and adjust.Some times with the right slave cylinder you can use the boss on the bell made for the cable to run through.Most times you will need to make a bracket to hold the slave cylinder,I like to bolt it to the bell housing with 3 bolts.Make sure you place bolts where they will not hit the flywheel ring gear.The main concern is to make the bracket strong enough it won't flex or move under load.It takes quite a bit of force to overcome the pressure plate springs.If you can fab everything with the engine and trans out of the car,will save a lot of headaches.It is a fairly simple project,just takes some time to get everything just right.

Another option is the clutch set up from a ranger. They are still plentiful, use a throwout brg thats part of the slave cyl . You will need to run the ranger,explorer,aerostar trans but the gear ratios for 2nd are a little better than the pintos and mustangs

Forgot all about the bellows throw out brg.Mounts inside bellhousing,replaces the arm.Pushes directly on pressure plate.

theres a guy close to me that has the pedals on craigslist columbia mo i run a slave cyl and a ranger trans I cut a access hole all on the far drivers side of the cowl took a 2 inch hole saw cut a hole were i wanted the cap to set had to make shims to level pedal and braces to stiffen the cowl from flex pedel is a little close to driver but works