Default Boyds Cancels SRRS due to Summertime .....

You've got to be kiddin ! I'm in shock. 1st, took off for Riverbend, then cancel because it might be too hot ? Am I the only one who can't believe this. Would like to hear other opinions in case I'm just missing something. Are they just getting tired of running a successful dirt track ?
    "SLM Junkie"

Newport Speedway
    In response to weather reports of 106 degree heat scheduled for this weekend, the staff at Newport Motor Speedway has decided to air on the side of caution and safety for both its competitors and fans by postponing this weekend's racing activities.

The race weekend will be rescheduled at a later (more cooler) date which will be announced shortly.

We regret the postponement, however the safety ...

there not the only track doing it

This series is running Duck River tonite and tomorrow,maby they don't know it's too hot to race,my boss don't know it's too hot to work !

Default too hot

i guess if boyds could start at 9 pm instead of 7 pm they could race,but they have very strict curfew guidelines to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Deek4RJ5 View Post
    You've got to be kiddin ! I'm in shock. 1st, took off for Riverbend, then cancel because it might be too hot ? Am I the only one who can't believe this. Would like to hear other opinions in case I'm just missing something. Are they just getting tired of running a successful dirt track ?
    Do you want to stand in 110 degree sun? How do you expect them to get enough water in the track to have a good race?
    Of course you would be the 1st on on the computer complaining how bad the track prep was if they did race.
    I totally agree with their decision to not race.

I was in Texas last year and we had over 100 straight days of temps over 100 and no rainfall either. They sure didn't have a problem.
    43 races this year.
    Tulsa Expo- 5, Volusia- 3, Bubba Raceway- 3
    Dillon Speedway- 1, Myrtle Beach Speedway-1, Hickory Speedway- 1
    Southern National- 1, Lincoln Speedway-2, Williams Grove Speedway-2, Indiana State Fairgrounds-1
    Anderson (Indiana) Speedway-1, Indianapolis Motor Speedway- 1
    Bloomington Speedway-1, Lawrenceburg Speedway-1
    Kokomo Speedway- 1, Port Royal-1, Limaland- 1
    Eldora- 2, Knoxville- 6, Oskaloosa-2, Attica-2, Wayne County-1

Its hot no doubt but its not humid. Most of us have been at a track on a humid 95 degree day. Those feel way worse than today did.

We've become a society of "weenies". It gets hot in the summer in the south. I work all day (as do many others on this 4m) outside ALL DAY long...yet, we somehow can get through it.
    My guess is the track is afraid of a low crowd count and doesn't want to race.
    www.ctcphotos.com

http://www.ctcphotos.com/hommel.htm

"If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

While it's true we work in is weather (because we have to ) we won't face a lawsuit when we decide to race and someone has a heatstroke and is crippled for life or dies It's a good decision because of the heat and because of the business side yeah we'll all be there they open up and you have low car counts a bad track and everyone will be bitchin about it and wonder why in the hell they tried to run in this weather They can't win jmo
    my daughter my sailor my hero the next greatest generation is our men and women now in harms way Pray for them

50 yrs. following this sport, bad track prep in the summer (like it or not) is something everyone comes to understand. Guess I'll have to learn to deal with "To Hot To Race" (like it or not). Kurfew thing makes the most since to me so far. 36 cars at the Duck on a Thursday night. Hope it doesn't get hot for the other tracks too.
    "SLM Junkie"

boyds is a great place to race the track prep is been a little poor the last couple weeks. they could start later if they would race cars instead of the packing machine. i get realy sick and tired of WATCHING THE TRACK GET PACKED. stop putting so much water on it start later get on with the show.

yea some friends of ours got up and left the last race because of so much down time