Default Fuel pump choice

I am running a 355 with Brodix Spec heads on gas. Will turn around 7800 rpm. Looking at the Pro/cam fuel pumps. On gas do you need to run a regulator or can you just run Pro/cam's 7.5 psi pump and no reg.? I always thought if you run a regulator, you need to have a return line to cell. I see some cars that run one and do not have a return line. Any help is appreciated.

If you do not have over 7.5 fuel pressure you do not need a regulator or return line.Not all regulators need a return line even if you do use a regulator.
    Last edited by perfconn; 06-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.

In my opinion, if you are going to regulate the fuel pressure there is only one way to do it. Run a -10 line from the fuel cell to the pump with a good (not a cheap one from the parts store) high-flow inline filter. Then run the line from the pump to the fuel log. On the back of the fuel log come out with as short as possible line to a fuel regulator and from that back to the tank. Take your fuel pressure reading from the fuel log and set the reg accordingly. Fuel pressure stays pretty constant with this setup, and does not jump around like with the fuel reg on the otherside of the carb or with a fuel pump that puts out 7.5psi unregulated. Also as another side benefit, the fuel is also cooler when it enters the carb as it is not sitting in the line from the fuel pump to the carb getting heated up while waiting on the carb to need more fuel... I run the billet CV mechanical fuel pumps with a white or red spring for alky, and a blue, black or green spring for gas.

CV Products billet pump with gas...We run a BG dead head style regulator and see no fluctuation between idle and full throttle load..Used to run the set up with a return line...Worked both ways with us...

Would the 7.5 psi pump be adequate to feed my combination? To review, 355 with Brodix Spec heads will try to run around 7700 rpm with a 750 cfm carb. Thanks

GPH is as important as PSI.Don't know the gph on your pump but you should be fine.

I have used the ProCam pump on my latemodel for about 3 years with no problems. Its a 18 degree 415. I turn between 7800 and 8500 on any given night.

The chevy guys have lots of choices but if anyone needs a good pump for an unpopular brand like mine Rob makes it!
    http://www.robbmcperformance.com/pro...chevy1100.html