Thread: Dixie Speedway

Default Dixie Speedway

Great racing tonite at Dixe and WOW what a crowd.Hats off to Mickey they have a great show. Wonder what Lanier would be like if it was dirt again

Need some results! Where's JLS?!

Quote Originally Posted by CDGinDixie View Post
    Need some results! Where's JLS?!
    Michael Page won the super late model feature:
    2nd: Jason Croft
    3rd: Donald McIntosh
    4th: Ricky Williams
    5th: Luther Jenkins
    6th: Tracy Watson

Fast Frank Ingram started last because he couldn't get to the track on time due to an accident that blocked his race shop. Started last and was battling for 8th but finished 9th

Get real time live updates each week at Dixie Speedway by following the official Frank Ingram Racing Facebook and Twitter feeds.
    Here are the links to each:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fra...89514077733184

https://twitter.com/#!/f9ingramRacing

JLS is out of town this weekend. I will do some updates (all classes) from Rome tonight.
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

Mark Bunch #55 won the limited late model championship race last night and was declared legal after protest!

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1425 View Post
    Great racing tonite at Dixe and WOW what a crowd.Hats off to Mickey they have a great show. Wonder what Lanier would be like if it was dirt again
    Just like it is now if Donnie(kill a track)Clack has anything to do with it. Remember Lavonia?

Do you think lanier could make it as a dirt track again with a new owner

Maybe on sunday nights... Hartwell and Toccoa have Saturday sewn up, West Minister has Fridays. Modoc is for sale, I20 and Lavonia are on mothballs and to introduce yet another saturday night track in NE GA/SC border region right now in this economy would be risky at best and only serve to dilute the fan/racer base. JMO
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells

Quote Originally Posted by F22 RAPTOR View Post
    Maybe on sunday nights... Hartwell and Toccoa have Saturday sewn up, West Minister has Fridays. Modoc is for sale, I20 and Lavonia are on mothballs and to introduce yet another saturday night track in NE GA/SC border region right now in this economy would be risky at best and only serve to dilute the fan/racer base. JMO
    Lanier by far has the best facilities around compared to those tracks. Provide A great racing surface with decent payouts and be fair to everyone and the racers will come. West Minister is a pretty good distance from Lanier. I think they could pull Friday nights off pretty easy by pulling cars from Dixie, New Senoia and maybe Winder too. I haven't seen any drivers from these tracks run at Westminister. Lanier would be MUCH MUCH closer drive to them than West Minister is. Plus West Minister doesn't run Limiteds or Supers on a weekly basis. I think the unique shape of Lanier and it's history could be enough to get it going and make it successful if it's ran right. Certianly got to get rid of Donnie Clack.
    Last edited by SLMdirtfan; 07-02-2012 at 10:50 AM.

There are enough dirt tracks in that area, i'm afraid another track would hurt the ones around it.

Ive been making the drive to dixie on a regular basis for several years now and dixie is a great race track.I have never been to these other tracks on this side of north ga so I can only repeat what I have heard and that is these tracks are not that great again I dont know that,but I did go to lanier back in the day when it was dirt and it was a first class facility.I think your right in saying that it would hurt them but it would be nice to have that first class facility back and im sure the drivers and dirt fans would agree.

Quote Originally Posted by SLMdirtfan View Post
    Lanier by far has the best facilities around compared to those tracks. Provide A great racing surface with decent payouts and be fair to everyone and the racers will come. West Minister is a pretty good distance from Lanier. I think they could pull Friday nights off pretty easy by pulling cars from Dixie, New Senoia and maybe Winder too. I haven't seen any drivers from these tracks run at Westminister. Lanier would be MUCH MUCH closer drive to them than West Minister is. Plus West Minister doesn't run Limiteds or Supers on a weekly basis. I think the unique shape of Lanier and it's history could be enough to get it going and make it successful if it's ran right. Certianly got to get rid of Donnie Clack.
    If Friday were attempted that might work, but Saturday night is plenty full at the moment. Be warned, its takes time to build up a Friday night following. How long has Lanier been paved now, 30 years? We need more fans and racers and some stability at the moment, not another track, JMO. Turning Lanier back to dirt would only cannibalize existing tracks, which is not a healthy move for the sport at present in NE GA. What is needed is true promotion and a consistently run program with time limits, clear rules that are enforced on everyone and a class that brings in new racers.
    "If racing were easy, everybody would do it."

#77 Leon "Slick" Sells