Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Never had these problems with other cars. Just this one. But its great on dry. Competes for win almost every time. Gets last in mudd. Weve gotten it better this year by changing the lowers to steer better and takin roll steer out and a few other things. But last time its was still tight. Than it was loose and spinning on straight aways. Weve had top left bar at like 30 degrees when were at 47 on dry Does nothing. Car is not a balanced car. Are old car. Drives perfect in heat. Add gas drives good enuff to win in features. This car is really sensative. Generally its tight everywhere and will not even go around a wide corner track. Needs straight in and out. I was leaning toward the rear roll center must be rolling over too much. Thinking of stiffening rr spring Maybe messing with j bar. So if u lower jbar on frame will it actually make it roll over more? Just changes the angle of force. And some small adjustments to lower links. Its crazy the difference from mudd to dry. Faster lap times in dry slick than fast heavy tack. It has gotten better tho. Weve tried alot of stuff. Went to schools to fix mudd setup. Ha. Bet most people wish they had that problem. Any ideas are always good. I was thinking jbar adjustment so it didnt hav so much force and that would free it up??
    Last edited by racefastnow; 07-13-2012 at 12:27 AM.

No, ONLY lowering j-bar on the frame should decrease roll, because even though you're lowering the roll center, you're taking angle out, which seems to have greater effect on j-bar. Decreasing angle takes away lifting force, and tends to push the RR across the track instead of into it. A heavier RR can be beneficial there as well. Pinion side, however, is still preferential to raise, because you don't just take angle out, but raise roll center as well, giving you more overall roll decrease.

Quote Originally Posted by racefastnow View Post
    Never had these problems with other cars. Just this one. But its great on dry. Competes for win almost every time. Gets last in mudd. Weve gotten it better this year by changing the lowers to steer better and takin roll steer out and a few other things. But last time its was still tight. Than it was loose and spinning on straight aways. Weve had top left bar at like 30 degrees when were at 47 on dry Does nothing. Car is not a balanced car. Are old car. Drives perfect in heat. Add gas drives good enuff to win in features. This car is really sensative. Generally its tight everywhere and will not even go around a wide corner track. Needs straight in and out. I was leaning toward the rear roll center must be rolling over too much. Thinking of stiffening rr spring Maybe messing with j bar. So if u lower jbar on frame will it actually make it roll over more? Just changes the angle of force. And some small adjustments to lower links. Its crazy the difference from mudd to dry. Faster lap times in dry slick than fast heavy tack. It has gotten better tho. Weve tried alot of stuff. Went to schools to fix mudd setup. Ha. Bet most people wish they had that problem. Any ideas are always good. I was thinking jbar adjustment so it didnt hav so much force and that would free it up??
    I see several cars tight *especially off the throttle* going in. Have you taken the spring/shocks off left rear and checked total droop to make sure you aren't topping out? I see several doing this with their limit chains. They set the limit and while entering on the heavier tracks and the fact of having more drive and hike due to the track surface when they enter the left rear goes light /pickups up not off the ground or anything but enough to severely reduce left rear grip/causing the right rear to grip hard on decel/trail braking increases hike/ and we all know what that means, goes drastically and violently tight just like braking the right rear only. You then have to wait on the car to slow up or violently brake the car for the car to turn. Some apply the gas and when the thing sets back down it violently turns in an out of control style fashion.You can generally tell if your coming close to this situation by driving one when the car starts the set and feels as though the front wheels aren't driving a thing. Just goes where it wants to. Accelerating will make the car turn but when the left rear starts to get back in the ballgame the right rear is loaded for bear and turns you faster than you want to turn.I see many cars doing this.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Its mostly tight on throttle middle and exit. I raised the jbar this weekend. That helped. I was doing some thinkin on the 5th spring. If generally a stiffer spring is for mudd and softer for dry. If i hav too much drive would i actually want a softer spring for mudd or should i try stiffening?? Also, how soft is to soft. Were at 325 right now

Quote Originally Posted by racefastnow View Post
    Its mostly tight on throttle middle and exit. I raised the jbar this weekend. That helped. I was doing some thinkin on the 5th spring. If generally a stiffer spring is for mudd and softer for dry. If i hav too much drive would i actually want a softer spring for mudd or should i try stiffening?? Also, how soft is to soft. Were at 325 right now
    you could also just run less fuel (if possible, not going under weight), or just add more stagger.