Thread: vapour lock

Default vapour lock

i run 94 sunoco in my 602 now, will mixing it with higher octane race fuel help in hot afternoons to prevent vapour locking im getting on restarts?

I'm not a gas guru but if you're truly vaporlocking I wouild look for the reason why other than the fuel Maybe a line too close to headers efc are you sure it's a vaporlock and not a carb prob or fuel press prob etc I'm sure the guys that know will want all this info to help you jmo
    my daughter my sailor my hero the next greatest generation is our men and women now in harms way Pray for them

It will not help as the boiling is happening without or with very little pressure, The problem needs to be addressed and fixed.

Yeah I wouldn't mix fuel to solve a problem like that, especially at $9 a gallon. Get that supply line away from the header, and insulate it. Worse case you need to make a sheet metal heat shield to protect the fuel log. After a race crack the hood a little and shoot your carb, fuel log, regulator, line to the pump with an infrared gun. See what temps you are getting. That will get you some data to share with people. And maybe help pinpoint the problem.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.