Default Ballast on the left side?

I have seen some people put a piece of lead on a bar in front of the master cylinders, what does this do?

helps free the car up if its still a tick tight

OK, thanks.

I like to put 25lbs on the left front frame rail right next to the radiator for the same reason mentioned above.

I understand the reason to add the weight, but cant u achieve the same concept by taking turns out of left front. We take turns out of right front on dry slick so it has car is right attitude and easier to get on bars. Anyone ever lower the left front maybe in real tacky situations instead of adding weight??

Quote Originally Posted by racefastnow View Post
    I understand the reason to add the weight, but cant u achieve the same concept by taking turns out of left front. We take turns out of right front on dry slick so it has car is right attitude and easier to get on bars. Anyone ever lower the left front maybe in real tacky situations instead of adding weight??
    You cannot change left side percentage by adjusting coilovers. It isnt the same thing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Usually used to keep the lf down, and loosen entry in a traction situation, on an otherwise balanced car.

Guess i wasnt thinking off changing left side % as much as i was thinking how the weight is being transfered dynamically. When u soften lf spring its alomg the weight to stay on left front longer before it travels to the rf. If u hav to much front split the weight is always trying to transfer to the rf. I guess i was thinking y cant u change the dynamic state by making it harder to transfer to the right. Ive only tried this once. I took out turns on lf thinking it would loosen entry and exit keeping a little more weight on lf than usual. Kinda like adding lf wieght???

What an adjustment will do to the race car depends on many factors. Generally, if you lower the ride height on a particular corner that corner is now holding less static weight and applying less pressure to that tire.
    Last edited by let-r-eat; 07-15-2012 at 11:58 PM.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?