Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A.J.

Unhappy A.J.

Almendinger loses his ride at Penske Racing due to failing a drug test. Wow. What is he thinking. Finally got a ride that a lot of Cup guys would die for and he f#@$'s up like that. What a half wit.
    8/13/16

he was pulled out of the race today not out of his ride in the 22 car. he has 72 hrs and a second test is underway at daytona.many things can and often do set off the first test it could be as simple as not notifing nascar of a pain med he was on or anything. I wouldn't be jumping the gun here yet.

he hasn't opted for the second test yet. If I knew I was clean I would for sure have opted already!

Was he hanging out with Mayfield?

What's the rumor mill say he was doing?

He has till late Tuesday afternoon to request in writing that "sample B" be tested.
    Either way Hornish is getting a little early/extra seat time in the 22 before he takes it over in 2013.

I failed a drug test once, I had 48 hours to protest. You know how long it took me? 2 minutes! If you know your right and they are wrong why would it take you any longer?

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    I failed a drug test once, I had 48 hours to protest. You know how long it took me? 2 minutes! If you know your right and they are wrong why would it take you any longer?
    Thats what I'm thinkin... However, they already have the second sample, it was taken at the same time as the first sample. More questions then answers here. If he's not on drugs and the first test is/was a fluke, then they need to find out for sure what happened before the second test is done cause it would be a fail also. And if he was on something, either way, he's toast.

Duane

Here is how I am looking at it. NASCAR hasn't disclosed the type of drug it is. So it could be anything from taking an old Percocet that was prescribed to you, but slightly past due. To cocaine.

Everyone is quick to call him a druggy loser that needs to be band. Yet we are all guilty of taking a Tylenol 3 from your wife after hurting your back on a weekend, this would make you fail a test.

I personally don't think it's that. Although NASCAR does rule with an iron fist, I believe they suspended him for a reason. And if it truly was just taking something for a bad tooth ache, they would have handled it different than they way they did. Because it was a suspension, and he is out of the car again this week. You have to believe it's something more serious.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Quote Originally Posted by J20in1st View Post
    Can't argue with that perspective. You are right. Sure hope it comes back negative.
    8/13/16

After the deal with Mayfield suing and NASCAR looking bad at first, I am sure they had every I dotted and T crossed before they removed him from the car. I would say he took something he shouldn't have.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

A.J. Allmendinger

CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A.J. Allmendinger has requested that NASCAR test his “B” sample in hopes of being cleared.

Allmendinger took a random drug test at Kentucky Speedway and was informed prior to the July 7 Coke Zero 400 at Daytona Int’l Speedway that his “A” sample had tested positive for a banned substance and was immediately suspended from NASCAR.

The driver of the Penske Racing No. 22 had 72 hours per the NASCAR rulebook to ask to have the “B” sample that he submitted at the same time tested.

“I have informed NASCAR that I have requested that the “B” sample be tested, following the steps according to NASCAR’s 2012 rule book regarding this situation,” said Allmendinger in a statement. “I fully respect NASCAR’s drug usage policy and the reasons they have it. I am hoping this can get resolved as quickly as possible so that I can get back to driving the No. 22 Penske Racing Dodge. I am sorry that this has caused such a distraction for my Penske Racing team, our sponsors and fans. Obviously I would never do anything to jeopardize my opportunity here at Penske Racing or to my fellow drivers. I am very conscious about my training and health and would never knowingly take a prohibited drug.”

Allmendinger was replaced by Sam Hornish Jr. and Daytona and Hornish is scheduled to fill in again this week

Get one year for just $12.99. Single issues (including back issues) are available for $2.99.
    Click here to visit the iTunes App Store for details!

Hard to label him anything until they release what the drug was....And even then, a little drug use doesnt make anyone a junky.

Anybody smoke a little reefer back in the day? who cares. get over it. Doesnt make the person. Most illegal drugs are better for you than legal ones.

Coke is weak sauce. Ever try those speed pills they prescribe kids nowadays? Those are zingers, wayyy better than any crosstop. lol

I will guarantee that if a driver smoked a hit of weed or took a line of whatever 29 days before a race, it would have 0 effect on his/her race performance. Yet because someone tries something, they are a junky? Ive tried the best. Didnt like it. First time, last time.

Drugs are everywhere. Where were you brought up?
    Last edited by balljoint; 07-13-2012 at 09:36 AM.

everyone jumps to the worst possible conclusion, especially the media. an olympic athlete tested positive and she figured out it was from a medication that was prescribed to her by her Dr. they warned her and sent her on her way to the olympics. i think NASCAR is following their protocol. Hornish is only taking his place because the 2nd test is still unknown and they don't want Hornish to be unprepared like last race.

some foot ball player got suspended for an energy drink called C4 it is sold at health food stores across the country. a fighter in texas was suspended for using 5 hour

Wow, Clint better be careful, I use 5 hour.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn12 View Post
    they don't want Hornish to be unprepared like last race.
    Like EVERY cup race he has participated in.

Quote Originally Posted by balljoint View Post
    I will guarantee that if a driver smoked a hit of weed or took a line of whatever 29 days before a race, it would have 0 effect on his/her race performance. Yet because someone tries something, they are a junky? Ive tried the best. Didnt like it. First time, last time.

Drugs are everywhere. Where were you brought up?
    Coke and the other drugs don't stay in your system for more then 48-72hrs. Weed has half cells that attch to fat cells and that is why they stay in your body so long, also steroids stay in your body obviously.

In the position he is in he can not afford to puff on aj oint with Willy once and a while.

If he failed for a narcotic drug, pain pill, coke, heroin, meth or anything like that he is an addict. You cant get that stuff in a piss test 4-5 days after use!

but then again we all have NO idea what he took. Someone said a stimulant?

yeah I agree. They should hairtest. Like walmart. goes back 6 months.

Depending on the length of your hair, hair test can go back several YEARS! Most guys with short hair don't have that much cell memory but it's crazy how much they can break down how far back!

Released from Penske Racing. Kinda makes ya go hmmm...
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Released from Penske Racing. Kinda makes ya go hmmm...
    I think that is an unofficial confirmation.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2