Thread: 602 repair

Default 602 repair

I have a 602 with a cracked head i think..i live in nc is there anyone within the area that will fix it and not rob me.. hendren told me 650 labor i thought that was insane .. race one gave me fair price but its so far away..i could fix it myself but i can't seal it..any advice?

I hope you get a good answer to get your motor going but you'll find that the 602 (while a good motor) is just about a throw away once there is any major damage. It cost as much to rebuild one as it does to buy a new one.
    Hopefully your repairs are not that expensive.

Ummmm...... Hendren would have quoted you $650 to remove both heads, do a valve job on both heads, CC both heads, resurface both heads, put both heads back on including head gaskets and intake gaskets and our seals (if non FASTRAK). So if that's "insane", so be it. I'd price a new head through City or Modern Chevrolet if you've already determined the one head on your engine is cracked, buy it since a cracked vortec head is not normally reparable in most cases, and have someone bolt it on for you if you're simply looking to do that. I can pretty much assure you that I haven't quoted $650 for R&Ring one cracked head on a 602.
    Steve Hendren
    Hendren Racing Engines
    1310 US HWY 221 North
    Rutherfordton, NC 28139
    (828)-286-0780

hendrenracing@gmail.com
    https://www.facebook.com/hendren.racingengines
    https://www.facebook.com/HendrenRacingEnginesInc
    Certified Engine Builder for: NeSmith, RUSH, SECA, RUSH Sportsman Modified Series.

I don't no who I talked to bit what I was told.. motors in a street stock my girlfriend drives.. just wannabe replace one head and go last year on motor as we are gonna run lates next year..I could do myself I just can't seal it

When you called me you were quoted exactly what you asked for ---"replace one head"

our only responsability would have been that head the lifters and intake manifold.

if you explain to Steve that is all you want then I am sure he will be close enough in price to make the repair for you.

Brad
    www.race-1.com

Totally agree with Brad...call Hendrens and talk with Steve...

if your done with that motor at end of season anyways,..pure some barrsleak in it an let'er eat man...