Thread: 355 For Sale

Default 355 For Sale

Have a 355 engine for sale, Has the following parts in it...Still in the car and can be heard, GM Block, GM Crank, Eagle 6in SIR Rods, SRP Pistons, Dart 215 Runner Steel Heads,Victor JR 2bbl Intake, and have a 4412 2bbl Carb to with it, Hei Dist, Also have another HEI Dist for a spare. Midwest Motorsports Cam shaft..Have all the Paper work for this engine, Have only ran it 6Times in my E-mod at Spoon River Speedway. Only reason for selling, Track is changing rules again.. Asking $ 2800.00 Complete, Will Trade for 602 Crate or something that catches my interest,

Robbie Bauman
    Ph # 309-224-0400

what are they doing with the rules?

Default Clarification:

Actually, it will be the first rule change for the division in several years, and was announced over 2 years ago at a rules meeting. Brad felt that UMP was going to go with crate engines in their limited Modifieds, and told drivers in 2010 that they'd have to be crate by 2013. However, it was also added that if UMP doesn't go to crates in that class until 2014, then the non-crates would still be allowed in 2013.

That question was asked in that rules meeting a couple seasons back, from what I understand, and that was one of the first things Brad announced after he became promoter. Several guys have already gone to crates, if I'm not mistaken. It's a great class, 12 points separated the top SEVEN cars going into last night's show.

BJ Stone
    SRS Announcer

Also, as I understand it, UMP is indeed preparing to make this change next year. That is the plan right now, at least.