Thread: Hans device

Default Hans device

Im looking into getting a hans but i dont know if there comfortable and i want to know if is worth the money?

a buddy of mine has one and he said its worth the money because you never know with racing. if you buy the right one then its comfortable

There are several different style of head and neck restraints, check them all out. My son worn one for years. He didn't care for the looks of it at first but after one really big hit, he was sold. Ya need to read up on the Hans stuff itself, there are those that say there not that great, don't know, we never had one. Research is the key here.

Duane

Smile Should be a good investment

Simpson has come out with a little different style. They say it helps with front.and side impacts. It has a self-contained harness that attaches to your upper body. I guess it gets down to how much room do you have to get in and out of the car. speeds you will be racing at etc. Just like most safety equipment you just have to decide to use it and then just get used to it. As for it being worth the money..How much is your life or mobility worth to you. I saw a sign years ago in a motorcycle shop which said, "If you have a 10$ head then just purchase a 10$ helmet" I've kinda used that concept when thinkin about safety equipment. You just spend the money and hope you never need it. Kinda like INS.

Is it worth the money. (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) straight it is worth the money. My son and I have both worn the Defender for years. They are not made any more due to some law suit. Buy one that fit and get use to it, after the first race it will not a problem. We would not even think of getting a race car with out one. Have been in several wrecks, pounded the walls, and rolled over. Walk away just fine. Should be mandatory for all racing, guys that say they cannot get use to it, it is just in their heads. Don't even question it just buy one!

Mike Bulpitt
    26B owner driver

Have had Defenders,Hutchens, hans, and now the Simpson.Find one that fits you and your seat and never look back.Safety equipment is a performance upgrade that you do not see or feel,but could be there when the worst happens letting you race another day. These devices cost a bit of money, but are cheaper then one day in a hospital. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by rad676jef View Post
    Im looking into getting a hans???any suggestion ???
    Buy it.Get it fit, mount the posts on the helmet, go race.

Best answer from race 21j and use it !!!!!!!!!!!

Mike 26B
    owner driver

In my opinion a neck restraint should be MANDATORY in the top three classes. Might cost a lot upfront but pays for itself the first hard crash. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by race21j View Post
    Have had Defenders,Hutchens, hans, and now the Simpson.Find one that fits you and your seat and never look back.Safety equipment is a performance upgrade that you do not see or feel,but could be there when the worst happens letting you race another day. These devices cost a bit of money, but are cheaper then one day in a hospital. JMO
    that really changed my opinion thanks

I have a HANS, because I race on mile tracks every chance I get. Have tested it several times and it works.
    Old enuf to know better, still too young to givadamm.

500bomber,does it fell weird wearing it in the car

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBandit View Post
    500bomber,does it fell weird wearing it in the car
    The only thing that really bugs me about it is that I can't turn my head much.

is yours the older one that dont have the update of the sliding teathers

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBandit View Post
    is yours the older one that dont have the update of the sliding teathers
    Yep, It's an 2007 model. Used it in the first Kimmel Enduro.

Last edited by DIRTTRACKIN26; 08-01-2012 at 10:25 PM.
    #falsfanforlife