Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North Georgia Speedway Returns to Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Slate on July 19!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

July 13, 2012

North Georgia Speedway Returns to Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Slate on July 19!

(BRASSTOWN, NORTH CAROLINA) The North Georgia Speedway in Chatsworth, Georgia held the original July 19 date on the 2012 Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series schedule when the slate of events was announced back on December 6, 2011. However, a mid-season ownership change at the 1/3-mile northern Georgia facility caused the date to shift north to the Boyd’s Speedway in Ringgold, Georgia. After Boyd’s announced on Wednesday that they could not host the special Thursday night event due to an obscure ordinance against mid-week races, new North Georgia Speedway promoter Jason Jones jumped at the chance to acquire the date back.

Today it became official - the Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series will visit North Georgia Speedway on Thursday evening, July 19 for a $3,500 to win showdown. Drivers such as Chris Madden, Clint Smith, Tony Knowles, Vic Hill, Brian Reese, Casey Roberts, Ivedent Lloyd, Jr., Austin Dillon, Ty Dillon, Billy Ogle, Jr., Daniel Baggerly, Donald Bradsher, Brandon DeWitt, and many more are likely to be in the pit area at North Georgia to battle for the $3,500 top prize. The driver’s meeting will start at 6:45 p.m., while hot laps are scheduled for 7:15 p.m. Additional information can be located by clicking on www.northgaspeedway.net.

“I am very excited to announce that our July 19 date as come full circle back to the North Georgia Speedway,” stated series promoter Ray Cook earlier this morning. “New track promoter Jason Jones has worked really hard to make this happen and I am very appreciative of his efforts. I hope all of the fans around the Chatsworth, Georgia area show their support of the new management and hopefully we can kick off his reign at North Georgia with an outstanding show!”

2012 Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series Schedule
    Monday, July 16 - Wythe Raceway - Rural Retreat, VA - $3,500 to win
    Tuesday, July 17 - Smoky Mountain Speedway - Maryville, TN - $3,500 to win
    Thursday, July 19 - North Georgia Speedway - Chatsworth, GA - $3,500 to win
    Friday, July 20 - Swainsboro Raceway - Swainsboro, GA - $5,300 to win
    Saturday, July 21 - Screven Motor Speedway - Sylvania, GA - $5,300 to win
    Sunday, July 22 - Rome Speedway - Rome, GA - $5,300 to win
    Tuesday, July 24 - East Alabama Motor Speedway - Phenix City, AL - $3,500 to win
    Thursday, July 26 - Cleveland Speedway - Cleveland, TN - $3,500 to win
    Friday, July 27 - Volunteer Speedway - Bulls Gap, TN - $5,300 to win
    Saturday, July 28 - Tazewell Speedway - Tazewell, TN - $5,300 to win

The Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series would like to thank all of our marketing partners for the 2012 season including: Schaeffer’s Specialized Lubricants, American Racer Tires, Barry Wright Race Cars, Carolina Performance, Comp Cams, DBR Starters, Delph Communications, Eibach Springs, FK Rod Ends, Graphic Impressions, GW Performance, Hoosier Racing Tires, Integra Shocks and Springs, MasterSbilt Race Cars, Ohlins Shocks, Old Man’s Garage, Performance Rod & Custom (PRC), The Joie of Seating, Vic Hill Racing Engines, VP Race Fuels, Wildside Custom Trailers, Wiles Driveshafts, and Wilwood Engineering.

About Schaeffer Oil:
    Founded in 1839, Schaeffer's manufactures specialized synthetic oils, fuel additives and other products for the construction, trucking, agriculture, marine, mining and high-performance racing industries. The company has developed an expansive line of innovative products and additives which reduce fuel consumption, improve mileage, extend efficiency and lessen energy costs for the consumer. Now in its third century of business and recognized as the oldest oil company in the United States, Schaeffer's has remained a family-owned operation since its inception. In 2010, Schaeffer's Specialized Lubricants was named to the distinguished INC 5000 list. For complete details, visit www.schaefferoil.com.

The latest in news and information concerning the Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series can always be found 24 hours a day / 7 days a week by visiting www.southernnationalsseries.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
    www.DelphCommunications.com

This is some very exciting news! I can't wait for this

Cool

This will be one heck of a show, The new promoter has been working his tail off on getting the facility and the track in tip top shape for this event.

This Thursday Night Round # 3 of the Schaeffer Oil Southern Nationals Series!

How much is trackside parking this Thurs?
    2015 Races:12 ~ 2015 Tracks: 7
    Boyds Speedway - 1
    Rome Speedway - 1
    Needmore Speedway - 1
    Smoky Mountain Speedway - 1
    Dixie Speedway - 1
    Eldora Speedway - 5
    TriCounty Racetrack -
    Cleveland Speedway - 2

Smile One More Time

I wish the best for the new promoter, I also said I would never return to North Georgia Speedway after that 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning debacle. However with this field of cars and a short trip to the track, I am heading that way Thursday. Please keep the show moving and get the Southern nationals over with at a decent hour. If people want to stay and watch other classes, have at it, after the Southern Nationals. Thanks and Good Luck with your new venture!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    How much is trackside parking this Thurs?
    Trackside parking is 10$ unless you already had a spot with the last promoter and didnt get your money back... in which case your spot will be yours for the next 5 or 6 races... or thats what i was told

are they having any support classes

all support classes EXCEPT limited late model will be running..... track side parking is $10.00 on a first come first serve basis.. any questions you can direct them to the tracks Facebook page or northgaspeedwaypr@gmx.com
    If they are going to outlaw a plant, shouldn't it be poison ivy??????
    http://topofthebox.wordpress.com/
    the dr........ Not following directions since 1959!

i would pay an extra ten just so they would only have one other class
    victim

keep the show moving run most of the classes after the late models dont keep people there all night

People have to work on Friday and cant stay out till 2:00 in the morning. Run supers early PLEASE!!!!

Default New Players

Come Thursday new players.
    Dale McDowell
    Aaron Ridley
    Clint Smith
    William Thomas
    David Payne
    Derek Ellis
    Shane Tankersley
    Gary Mac
    Ident Loyd JR
    Johnny Chastain
    RJ ?
    Josh Putnam
    Luther Jenkins
    Chip Brindle
    Tony Knowles
    Jake Knowles
    Riley Hickman
    Kyane Hickman
    Robart Gant
    Shane Clanton
    Casey Roberts
    Last edited by IceCowart; 07-19-2012 at 02:55 AM.

[QUOTE=IceCowart;1559953]Come Thursday new players.
    Chip Brindle?
    [/QUOTE/]

Yes sir.

sounds like a great field of cars for sure. I cant wait to be there. went by the track today and saw that there was already a white hauler there, dunno who it was. looks like the track is going to be in great condition for some fast racing.

SMR ran Crates and LLM with Supers. It was $20 to get in, was worth every penny of it. Ran Slm 2nd of the 3. Left at 10:55 after SLM. Home at 12:10.Not bad at all. Was a very good show.
    "SLM Junkie"

Smile 10:55

If I can leave the North Georgia Speedway by 10:55pm and get to to watch the super late model feature, that will be 1 pleasant surprise!!!!

[QUOTE=B_K;1560011]
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCowart View Post
    Come Thursday new players.
    Chip Brindle?
    [/QUOTE/]

Yes sir.
    thank you.

Thumbs up

Add the #32 of "Hog Rocket" Bubba Russell to the list.
    R.I.P. Leebo
    www.StBaldricks.org
    R.I.P "Buck" Simmons
    www.southeasternlatemodels.com

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    If I can leave the North Georgia Speedway by 10:55pm and get to to watch the super late model feature, that will be 1 pleasant surprise!!!!

Got pretty close.