Default Oil inside Intake

Pulled carb and noticed large amount of oil in intake runner #1 which appears to be being pulled down the other runners. Have removed head, replaced valve seals, cleaned entire head and replaced head only to find same problem one week later. Ne one have ne suggestions?

Were the valve guides tight ? A worn guide could cause this problem.If you are running a .580 or larger cam make sure the bottom of the retainer is not touching the top of the valve seal when the valve is at max lift.Have seen this problem often lately,guys replace cam with higher lift cam without remachining head for new parts.

Are you running a PCV setup that could be sucking oil out of the valve cover and into the intake? Might need an oil seperator in that PCV line.

Valve guides seemed tight when we had it apart but that is currently one of my thoughts. My other thought was maybe a cracked head? It was magnafluxed in april and was fine but problem just started last few weeks. I am not running a pcv system just a breather in top of valve cover.

rings. Something wrong with ring seal.I have ran many engines with NO valve seals. Will smoke a little on start up or decel only. You have ring problems.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

I was wondering about rings but compression is good and even across all cylinders and car doesnt smoke even the slightest amount and Exhaust ports r spotless. You would think car should smoke or at least huff smoke under acceleration right? Oil definitly is originating from cylinder #1 just not sure if its from the lower end or head.

is it oil...or is it more of a black carbon?
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Cool Oil

Check the bottom side of your intake gaskets, might be leaking, sucking oil out of the valley.......just a thought...

It is definitly oil. A puddle actually forms in intake runner #1 and it appears to pull it down other runners. I have changed intake gasket, valve seals and head gasket but same problem appeared a week later.

Now that you bring it up tho I have seen some black buildup inside top of carbuerator that I have been wondering about.

is it possible you used too long of a bolt to bolt the intake to the head(front/top)and cracked the threaded boss?
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Never thought about the intake bolt, it is definitly possible. I will look into that.