Post I-77 Raceway/ Hillbilly 100 Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Immediate Release (Contact Shon Parsons 304.373.1110)

What may be one of racing's most talked about events, the 44th annual Hillbilly 100 will be held this year at the "new" totally remodeled I-77 Raceway. We say new because there is no resemblance to the old I-77 Raceway. Kenny Newhouse and associates have worked hard on faciility upgrades making I-77, one of, if not THE nicest dirt racing facility in the hillbilly state of West Virginia.

This will truly be a race fans dream weekend that will see over 200 competitors arrive with stars in their eyes and adrenalin running thru their veins as they wage war on the newly revamped I-77 at jaw dropping speeds with prestige and mega bucks on the line. Two and sometimes three wide action at blistering speeds is the norm and not the exception at the newly configured I-77 Raceway..

This dirt late model major event is unlike any other and has an old school atmosphere that harkins back to the old days of the legendary Pennsboro Speedway where the Hillbilly 100 got it’s start, and will continue to flourish at it’s current home I-77 Raceway. Good friends will unite once again, old race stories will be swapped, the smell of campfires will fill the air and three days of intense in your face racing action the way it was intended will be on the docket.

It all gets underway on Friday Night, August 31st with the “Friday before the Hillbilly.” The AMRA Championship weekend for open wheel modifieds will kick the action off with qualifications and heat races for the “Outhouse 30” which will feature a huge payday of $2,000. Friday will also feature the complete shows for the Street Stocks “Brown Jug 30” paying $1,000 to win and the Mod Lites “Sour Mash 20” paying $700 to win. Friday will also feature open Late Model practice sessions throughout the night.

Saturday Night, September 1st will welcome the always entertaining $4000 to win “Hillbilly 50” as the best steel block late model racers battle for the 1st prize as well as a guaranteed starting spot in the granddaddy Hillbilly 100 on Sunday. The “Hillbilly 50” year in and year out is some of the best racing of the weekend and has seen such racers as Doug Horton, Mike Benedum, Paul Wilmoth, Corey Conley and Norm Aaronhalt visit victory lane in the 50. Saturday night will also welcome back the AMRA Modifieds for consolation races and the feature event for the “Outhouse 30.” The famous Hillbilly pit party will round out the evenings action on both Friday and Saturday nights!

Then all eyes will focus around I-77 Raceway on Sunday, September 2nd as the nations elite arrive for the 44th Annual $25,000 to win Hillbilly 100 event. The Lucas Oil Dirt Car Series will bring some of the best talent in the country to the fray to battle for their spot in the history books and to keep the regions best late model racers at bay in the 100 lap battle royale where only the strong survive. There is nothing like 100 continuous laps of racing to see who really hits the mark on setup, tire choice, etc. This will also mark the first ever visit of the Lucas Oil Late Model series to the 3/8’s mile vortex.

You can assure that you’ll be a part of the excitement by purchasing your tickets in advance, and save money by doing so! Advance 3 day ticket prices are just $45 for adults, with children 7-12 years of age only $12 (Kids age 6 & under are admitted free!) Advance 3 day pit passes are just $55.

Individual evening tickets are available as well at the gate. Secure online ticket sales are available through the I-77 website @ http://www.racei77.com/ Additionally, ticket ordering forms are included in all ‘Hillbilly Hundred’ flyers.

Make sure you’re a part of the history & excitement as the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series makes it's first trip to I-77 along with the nations oldest dirt late model major event, the "Hillbilly 100."
    Last edited by rocket15; 07-18-2012 at 03:20 PM.