Thread: Ryan blaney

Default Ryan blaney

Ryan Blaney has been hired at RPR to drive the number 22 dodge in the nation wide series at select races for the rest of 2012. my question is will he be moved in to the 22 car next year they already know hornish can't get the job done in a cup car.I think it would be to soon like the joey l. deal at gibbs Roger can't wait years like gibbs has done he will need resaults out of the box.

I don't think Roger would do that to Blaney. A cup ride to soon will kill his career. I agree that Hornish doesn't get the job done, but I hear Lagono might be available and he'd be a good fit for Penske "IF" AJ's issues culminate into a complete exit.

Duane

Hmmm, from another site, could Dave Blaney be inroot for the ride at Penske in the 22 Cup car if AJ fails? I hadn't thought of it, but it is workable.

Duane

that would be a great deal for Dave B. it would be nice to what he could do in a top ride. I don't think AJ. was doing anything other than over the counter stuff but he didn't follow the nascar rule book to the t and ther going to make an exsample out of him. I hate to see it he finally got a ride in a good car and didn't have a chance himself.

I agree with your assesment, but I guess we'll see next week.

Duane

Seeing Dave being an old dirt racer and not a bad guy I think it'd be awsome to see what he can do in a car that can last a whole race without somethin breakin. I think he has the worst luck with david r. not far behind.
    "Modern Day Cowboy" John Gill #75

Quote Originally Posted by #1gillfan View Post
    Seeing Dave being an old dirt racer and not a bad guy I think it'd be awsome to see what he can do in a car that can last a whole race without somethin breakin. I think he has the worst luck with david r. not far behind.
    You are right. I remember some yrs back Mike Wallace sub'd for Rusty in a Penske car and Mike kicked some major butt that day. Its amazing what some of these guys can get done when they get good equipment behind them. Blaney had a good run going at a plate race a couple yrs back till some guy dumped him two laps from the end. I guess we'll know tomorrow, won't we.

Duane

It definitely would be great to see what the "Buckeye Bullet" could do in a top notch car. Dave had some flashes of success in the past but as someone else said it seemed to turn to crap near the end.

let me throw a really crazy idea out. newman might be out of a ride at years end due to sponsership. might roger put a temp driver in the car until he see's what happens with newman.I don't think there were any bridges burned at the end of ther last deal.

OK last post on this penske is going to ford next year aj was under contract only for this year. I'm thinking a deal was already signed putting matt k in the 22 car for 2013 he's the perfect fit at penske easy going quit and wins.this would exsplain a lot. ford may have stepped in knowing matts was ready to move on and helped put this deal together to keep him in a ford team.

Well its a good senerio, but I think Matts Home Depot colors will shine through.
    I can think of "20" reasons.

Duane

Someday Ryan Blaney may drive the #24 car for Hendrick Motorsports.

Ryan Blaney will be in Bad Brads truck for the Bristol race and beyond. (replacing Parker Kligerman)

Duane

I think Ryan would be a good fit for Penske. Sorry to get off a topic a little bit here but I wonder if Kyle Busch days may be numbered at Gibbs? I can see him moving his team to cup in a year two and him leaving Gibbs. Gibbs also has a talented driver right now by the name of Darrell Wallace Jr. That kid was pretty impressive in the Nationwide race last week. Could be waiting in the wings for Kyle Busch's cup ride in a couple years just sayin.

It wouldn't surprise me, but I think there is a lot more to fielding a cup team then Kyle can bite off and chew right now. I believe his plate is full. I would not rule out a partnership with an Andretti team with Kyle and Kurt being the drivers, remember, you heard it here first. I'm thinkin' 2014 and Dodge. Remember, Dodge said for now, not forever

Duane