Thread: wireless scales

Default wireless scales

Whats everyones take on wireless scales? Worth the extra money, see any issues with them? I assume the pads need batteries in them?

How about the one that you use a lap top with? Good, bad?

Thanks for any help. Eric

you can spend all the money you want on fancier scales, but your car won't be any faster. spend the money on something that counts.

So you dont believe in scales?

I currently dont own a set of scales. I sold a very nice set 4 years ago when I was "quiting racing" well I never stopped racing. lol

Just figure its time to stop bothering my friends borrowing there scales. Buying a new set reguardless, just trying to get feedback and the wireless option.

Eric

I haven't used the wireless ones, but we've discussed getting a set if we found one for the right price. we scale on an alignment machine at times, and would be easier than dealing with the cables.

I have a set of intercomp wireless scales. I reallly like them no more hanging cables. It works with my laptop much better then having the box . I have not replaced the batteries in the scales I guess they last around 3 years. they also shut off by themselves . hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by 55modified View Post
    I have a set of intercomp wireless scales...................... I have not replaced the batteries in the scales I guess they last around 3 years. they also shut off by themselves . hope this helps
    When the scales shutoff, do you have to go around and turn each one on individually or does just rolling the car off and on the scales turn them on?
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

I guess I have not run into that issue. The scales start when you hit a button in the program that says" start scales" If you forget them on they will shut off after about an hour or so. If the program is still active they just stay on. I am very sold on these they really work great. It's just really nice not having the cables to trip over.