Thread: bert bushing

Default bert bushing

what causes the bushing to come out of the back of the bert on the drive shaft.

Good question. I help a guy with a crate late model and we have ran into this problem. The first time we put the car on 4 link it walked the tail shaft seal out. We did have driveshaft shortened b/c we think the driveshaft was bottoming out or binding up. If we put it on swing arm it walks the bushing out. My guess is the bore for the bushing is getting warped or out of round. If there is anyone that has a fix for this problem that would be a big help. Thanks

The driveshaft bottoming out against the tailshaft causes it....Shorten the driveshaft

I always use LOCTITE #620 GREEN SLEEVE RETAINER on the bushing when I install them.
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

On my Brinn there are 2 screws that screw into the seal from the outside that hold it in. Not sure if you could drill and tap the Bert to do this or not...

Brinns also also use a pilot point set screw to help retain the bushing in place.
    Crewchief #21 Modified Hansen Motorsports 2014 GRT by Phillips IMCA Modified

Make sure you have honed the bushing for clearance with your slip yoke. I use the red high strength loctite on bushing.