FASTRAK Racing Series Begins Hosting Monthly Engine Builder Video Conferences

In an effort to improve communication with their “authorized” engine builders, the FASTRAK Racing Series, has instituted weekly video conferences with those builders. The first of those was held on Tuesday and met with great success. Everyone involved with the program agreed that it wouldbe a tremendously valuable tool now and well into the future.

“I think it was great!” said Brad Hibbard FASTRAK Northeast Region Technical Director and owner of Race 1 Engines. “Stan has been talking about this for some time and now I can clearly see this will be one of the best tools we have in our arsenal to continue the vision of sealed engine racing.”.

Mike Ingram of Ingram Engines also participated and he was also excited about how this program, will benefit the builders. “When Stan asked about doing this at the engine builders’ summit meeting we had in Virginia we wondered if it would actually benefit us, but I believe this is going to work tremendously well for everyone. I’m glad FASTRAK wants its engine builders to be so closely involved. It is the future of our business and I appreciate them allowing us to have that voice.”.

Dean of Cresap Automotive said “I didn’t get to fully enjoy the video conference today, as I had some issues with my webcam, but this is no doubt some of the highest technology that any racing series in the industry is using. This shows us just how serious FASTRAK is about the integrity of the crate engine business. The engine builders within FASTRAK will definitely have an unbelievable advantage, as not only will we meet once a month but also anytime there is an issue we need to be aware of. We get to see the part and discuss what the issue is. Then we can make a decision right away which serves all the FASTRAK Teams and Tracks much more quickly.”

FASTRAK Racing Series Founder Stan Lester commented “We continue to try to do things better and better. The more we communicate, especially live, the better job I think we can do. That’s a pretty simple concept. With engine builders and tracks all over the US and in Canada, we had a find a way to make things more efficient. This not only does that, but it also provides us vast opportunities in the future. We can make rule changes, discuss issues with everyone and most importantly include them in the major decisions that affect our engine builders everywhere. Today was only a trial run and it worked tremendously well. I can’t wait to see how this benefits everyone in the future. It’s an exciting time to be involved with FASTRAK.”

“We have had a couple of racing industry magazines inquire about being involved with us on the next video conference. They were very interested with the concept and the extent we were going to keep the crate engine program in check. We wanted to get our ‘trial run’ in today and we will invite them to join us next Tuesday, July 31st at 4:30 PM EST when we meet again with our engine builders. Along with the engine builders we will also have City Chevrolet’s Chris Knight, FASTRAK Series Director Kelley Carlton and Wesley Outland PR Director of FASTRAK.”

“We will continue to add people and ideas to the video conferencing as we need to continue our mission. The next addition will be our Regional Directors, then our tracks, then all of our teams. We can conference in with up to 250 webcams at one time, so we can cover a lot of ground quickly. My main objective is that we don’t lose touch with people as we continue to grow. We want to grow, but losing touch to do so only causes problems and this will be a huge tool in avoiding that. We will have a training session on the video conferencing system during our upcoming awards banquet for everyone.”.

The FASTRAK Racing Series City Chevrolet Touring Divisions would like to thank all of its marketing partners for their great and continuing support. Those 2012 sponsors include: Hoosier Race Tires, VP Racing Fuel, City Chevrolet, Chevrolet Performance Parts, Vicci Apparel, TNT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Longhorn Race Cars, RockAuto.com and FK Rod Ends. FASTRAK would also like to welcome Cool Shirt, Five Star Bodies, Hooker Harness, Kooks Custom Headers, R2C Filters, Sisco Fire and Safety and Tiger Rear Ends to our line-up of product sponsors. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Premier Pro Late Model Series in the Country please contact Stan Lester at the FASTRAK Corporate Office at (678) 935-7304 or Series Director Kelley Carlton at (864) 871-1442. Also Visit the FASTRAK Racing Series online at www.fastrakracing.com and be sure to like us on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter at @FASTRAK_Racing!!