Default D21 Heat Cycling

About how many heat cycles are you guys getting out of your D21s before they start to get bad? We get about 6 heat cycles and then after that they are only good for short runs regardless of track conditions. They go away after about 4 laps it seems. Have others had this same experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    About how many heat cycles are you guys getting out of your D21s before they start to get bad? We get about 6 heat cycles and then after that they are only good for short runs regardless of track conditions. They go away after about 4 laps it seems. Have others had this same experience?
    I have noticed the SPEC 21 doing that on some surfaces. I never had that problem with the old 21s when they were an economy tire compound.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

6 cycles in a SPEC D21 on a Late, WOW. Sounds like the tire is too hard for track conditions. After qualifing and a 30 lapper and they are gone. On the lower classes, I'd put a new RR D21 on after 2 nights, and the car would pick up, although, tire would only be 1/2 worn.
    Gill T. Azell