Thread: Ride height

Default Ride height

whats a recomended ride height for a metric car and where do you measure to get your height result?

Overall weight: 3200 and change
    Lf: 1000 RF: 900
    LR:225 RR: 200

Stock suspension pick up points, stock mounted non adjustable shocks, 8 inch dot street tire. track is a half mile semi banked heavy clay usually.

thanks

Post Frame flats

Left front 6.5" to 7"
    Right Front 7" to 7.5"
    Left rear 7.5" to 8"
    Right rear 8" to 8.5"

Set front lower a-frames level or 1/2 inch higher on ball joint end,then measure front frame height.What ever that is then set back to 1/2 inch to 1 inch higher.Dont forget to rescale car you may have to move some lead to get you scale set where you want them

Thanks guys. If you dont mind, I have another question. Over here on the west coast, the lead placement is still biased. Most guys run there lead weight as low as possible but I have noticed in Boone and most places in the midwest/east coast, guys run their weight high and even the fuel cells as high as possible. My understanding is the "swing" weight will create more roll and help with side bite and forward bite. Is this correct and should I be doing this? I have always run a leaf car and had the weight low until my last race we lifted all the weight and it helped a ton. Just curious on what will happen on a coil car with the numbers and heights posted here.

Thanks

Default Lift it

Run the fuel cell as far forward and just under the trunk lid.
    weight over the rear end.