Default Coolant bypass line

I have a question about the coolant bypass line on a 602 crate. I currently do not run one and have been running 230 to 240. Can a moroso part number 63500 be drilled and tapped for this coolant bypass line or should I shop for another pump? Any other tips to keeping this thing cool? Currently run a double pass radiator, restrict or with a 1 inch hole, 4 blade fan, ducting in front of radiator, shroud, and 32 degrees of timing.

Default Just a thought

try going to a 3/4" or 5/8" restrictor
    slow the water down to obsorb some more heat

just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Knife View Post
    try going to a 3/4" or 5/8" restrictor
    slow the water down to obsorb some more heat

just a thought
    Water absorbs heat WAY faster than it is moving thru the block. That is an old wives tail, In effect you are creating pressure in the block while using a stock pump and keeps steam pockets from forming. Any newer racing style pump has the same effect and does not hinder the coolant flow.

Check out the tech questions and FAQ's on Stewart's Site and remember that this person sells NO radiators and has his stuff on 85-95% of the Nascar, Nationwide, and truck series engines.

http://stewartcomponents.com/

ditto on the stewarts site...

there was a thread in the crate models tech a month or 3 back with bradd an few more crate guru's bout running a line from front of intake to the water pump,think this is the bypass your talkin bout you should check it out had lotta good info from gm on the subject!

here it is... http://www.4m.net/showthread.php?251...lines-question
    Last edited by dirty white boy; 07-27-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Thanks for the answers. We tried the smaller restrict or and it had no effect. I went back and read the other thread. Called gm and they say the bypass is a must. We will see what happens tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt racer 10 View Post
    Thanks for the answers. We tried the smaller restrict or and it had no effect. I went back and read the other thread. Called gm and they say the bypass is a must. We will see what happens tonight.
    good luck an please let us know how it gose...

Well I didnt get a chance to do anything with the bypass line before Friday night. I did have time to change from a "hot" spark plug to a "cold" spark plug. I also hung a rubber flap in front of the crossmember to direct air up. Temps never got above 210. 30 degrees cooler than previously. Would a cooler plug do this?

idk bout plug but if it wont getting air threw it the rubber could have!