Thread: 007 hubs

Default 007 hubs

Has anyone tried the 007 hubs from winters? right now im running standard winters wide fives with tapered bearings. are the ball bearing hubs worth the money??

We run them. As a saftey precaution we also put some regular grease in there too because we had a seal fail one time and we lost all the oil. It was our fault the seal failed so no biggie no damage was done. We are very happy with them. They seem to help free up the car while going through the corner.

just go push a car that has a set on them. There is quite a difference

Bearing spacers on regular hubs will make them roll as good.

all good points. Another reason i was looking into them was for saving rotating weight. any idea what a hub with bearings etc weighs? i currently have standard wide fives with standard 810 rotors. Was thinking of going to the 007's with scalloped rotors. I also saw in speedway illustrated that winters came out with a " track star" hub which is supposedly even lighter than the 007's. I could only imagine what the price tag is on those.

Remember to figure the acceleration factor or Moment of inertia it is weight X diameter squared.
    A 5lb hub that is 15 inches has a MOI of 1125
    A 4lb hub that is 15 inches is 900. but that is not a huge difference but there is a huge difference in $$.
    I believe the Track Star Hubs are for sprint cars.

I will also add that the only reason we have them is because they came on the car we bought. Standard hubs have worked fine for most for years.

Very true Jeff, very true ...