Post Possible drivers for the #22 Cup team in 2013

I was thinking there is one guy that I think would or could be a very good fit for the #22 car at Penske in 2013 and he maybe under the radar somewhat but how about giving Landon Cassill a shot in that car. I think he's a really talented young driver and a likeable person and I think he could do something with a top notch cup ride! Ryan Blaney would be good for the #22 car in the Nationwide and Landon Cassill for the #22 on the cup side.

I wouldn't disagree, but Landon hasn't made a real splash yet. And there is a lot in the talent pool right now. Good young experienced drivers. Elliot Sadler come to mind as well as the super sub at MWR who's name excapes me right now.

Duane

Brian Vickers?

Yup that was the name I couldn't get to come out of the dark. I do believe that Lagano will be the driver but that is pending on Gibbs getting sponcership for a fourth team, which pretty much tells ya where Matt is going, doesn't it.

Duane

What about Justin Allgier?

I don't think so, but it probably wouldn't be his worst choice.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmodified28 View Post
    What about Justin Allgier?

Justin would be a great choice, Roger should have never gotten rid of him in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Justin would be a great choice, Roger should have never gotten rid of him in the first place.
    Which is the biggest reason he won't be back. If thats the case, and their going back with a prior employee, go with a proven winner, Kurt Busch.

Duane

Lake Speed
    Will port and polish for cash

Quote Originally Posted by STRNGRTHANDIRT View Post
    Brian Vickers?
    tommy kenndle reported on speed that brain tried and was turned down 3 weeks ago.Justin has done pretty well with a team that does not have the resources of RPR they should have held on to justin he would have been ready to move on up by now.how ever I just heard on the hub show that RPR is looking into a 3rd team which brings me back to my crazy idea that matt will be in a car for roger next season.Lake is racing vintage go carts he was at a local carting track this summer racing vintage twin engine cart.
    Last edited by racin6mod; 08-16-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Been wanted to get the message to Roger, Regan Smith. He will taker to the front. Also just to let you guys know this years champ is going to be Brad Keselowski. I remenber when his dad stuck with Dodges for years when nobody else did its time for the Keselowski name and Dodge to be the Champs, also Roger they all will be Champs, write the check

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherman View Post
    Been wanted to get the message to Roger, Regan Smith. He will taker to the front. Also just to let you guys know this years champ is going to be Brad Keselowski. I remenber when his dad stuck with Dodges for years when nobody else did its time for the Keselowski name and Dodge to be the Champs, also Roger they all will be Champs, write the check
    Although I wouldn't mind it, I think "Da Bif" may have a lock on it this year. He's been good all year and coming into his stride now.

And as far as the driver of the 22, I hope Roger is watching Sam, he's been doing a heck of a job.

Duane

After Saturday's race I will say it again Justin Allgaier

Your 2012 Nascar Champion # 48 JJ

2012 champ. Dale jr. If not it will be the former jr motorsports employee B-rad

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    After Saturday's race I will say it again Justin Allgaier

Your 2012 Nascar Champion # 48 JJ
    I like Allgaier, but I think Sams better. Just an opinion.

And JJ Champ again? Bad for NASCAR, to many h8rs. Its da Bif, for sure, take dat to da bank.

Duane

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    I like Allgaier, but I think Sams better. Just an opinion.

And JJ Champ again? Bad for NASCAR, to many h8rs. Its da Bif, for sure, take dat to da bank.

Duane

Yeah I like Sam as well and really hope he gets the ride because I know Justin won't and yes I agree a another championship by JJ will be bad for Nascar.

Sam has done a pretty good job in the double deuce.

I would like to see him get the ride, He's put in some work and posted good results.

OK, its settled, we agree, somebody call Roger!!

Duane

I'll have my people call his people