Kayaking on the Genesee River in NY state, and spending time at my cabin in Letchworth State Park

Default RIP Buck Simmons

Sorry to hear about Buck's passing today, Richard ( Papermen ). I know how much of a friend and idol he was to you.....heaven just got one of the greatest racers of all time.

Sad news, he was definitely one of the best to ever strap in. A true Georgia and National legend. 41 forever RIP Buck.

Unhappy

Rest in Peace friend.

One of my Father's great friends in racing. Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers to the Simmons Family.

Thoughts and Prayers to a Legend and his Family ...........

Thought and prayers to buck's family . A true great , seen him race from child hood hero since 1969 ; remember me and my dad listening to atlanta 500 and talledaga on radio in car under shade tree just to see how buck did running nascar cup race.

Found out last night there already was in process of restoring buck's john deere super late model he drove in his later days before retiring. Believe it will be in georgia dirt hall of fame in dawsonville when complete . This is a premature of me the put out there since i don't know when the car will be inshrined but they are in the process . Just figured fans would wan to know even if it's next before it gets there.

I too have watch Buck from the time he started out at around 12 years old. No doubt about it one of the best who ever raced on a Dirt Track. Thoughts and Prayers to the friends and family of Buck. The Dirt Track Community has lost one of the biggest legends in the sport.

Thoughts and prayers to the family of one of the great ones.

' SIMPLY THE BEST '

LONG LIVE THE LEGEND of

' THE LIVING LEGEND'

-dmg
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

rip buck you will always be my hero

Buck Simmons
    6732 Hwy. 441 N.
    Baldwin, Ga. 30511

Charles Leroy “Buck” Simmons, age 66 of Baldwin, passed away Sunday, August 12, 2012.

Born in Habersham County on July 31, 1946, he was the son of the late Amos Leroy and Faye House Simmons.

Mr. Simmons was a professional race car driver having been inducted into the National Dirt Track Racing Hall of Fame in 2001.

He won 1, 012 feature events during his career and was inducted into the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame in 2009.

Surviving are children, Colt Simmons, Stormie Simmons, Cassidy Simmons and Starleigh Simmons; sisters, Wanda Garrison of Baldwin and Irma Herrin of Baldwin.

Funeral services are 4:00 pm Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Chapel of McGahee-Griffin & Stewart with Rev. Jody Garrison officiating.

Interment will follow in Level Grove Cemetery.

The family will receive friends at the funeral home from 6-9 pm on Tuesday.

Flowers are accepted or donations may be made to Madison Baptist Church Building Fund, 142 Harbert Park Ciricle, Westminster, SC 29693.

An online guest register is available and may be viewed at www.mcgaheegriffinandstewart.com.

McGahee-Griffin & Stewart Funeral Home of Cornelia (706/778-8668) is in charge of arrangements. ....

GOD SPEED LEGEND ....
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com