Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOT rr tire

Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    There's a few answers to that question...one thing u can do is put a bump stop on the shock shaft...but in my opinion the car bottoms out the RF less with the soft spring...i know that sounds stupid but here's why....if u have a soft spring with the RF tied down the car will not lift off the spring meaning u keep the spring compressed so when u enter the corner there is...lets say 4 " of RF compression...where the stiff spring popped back up and maybe only has 1-1.5"...so a 750 @ 4" has 3000lbs of load...even if u have a 1200 @ 1.5" of compression that is only 1800 lbs...thats why in my opinion the soft RF with a 3-8 will bottom out less that a stiffer spring...
    In simple terms the stiffer spring gets more of a running start at roll the softer one just kinda lays there
    That makes sense and it definitely helps me understand it better. Thanks for all the information.

What left rear shock do you prefer with a soft rf spring ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky76 View Post
    What left rear shock do you prefer with a soft rf spring ?
    remind me what u have for rear suspension again? And what front clip u hav also n I can give u gives good baseline for everything...no matter what its all about combination...everything has to work together

I'm sorry I thought you said lr spring...8-2 for lr shock

Trailing my car works for me & even with a 1 1/4 trail my car still drives streight but it is freed up and that what took the heat out of the rr and now thinkin bout goin to 2 inches of trail.. but it is working for me but not sure why the next guy might not like it that way but every driver is not the same i guess but it is workin fo me...

i just plumb bob the rearend but now im just to the point that i just keep pulling the rr back without measuring it but seems to keep getting better..but if ya keep pulling the rr back till it gets loose on exit then put lr bite in the car works out great..

Quote Originally Posted by junebug View Post
    I'm sorry I thought you said lr spring...8-2 for lr shock
    Thank you for all your information. Ricky

Quote Originally Posted by frontrunner View Post
    i just plumb bob the rearend but now im just to the point that i just keep pulling the rr back without measuring it but seems to keep getting better..but if ya keep pulling the rr back till it gets loose on exit then put lr bite in the car works out great..
    I've always been told to keep your rear end square and if you have to move one side or the other then your using that as a crutch because you have a problem some where else with the car ?

Check your PM

dirt2

Cool

ya ever watch a 4 bar car the one with lots off rearsteer is fast & the streetstocks here are running rr back an inch and they are fast and i found out looser is faster i started running to the front when i did it and times are alot better so if its a crutch it dnt matter to me its movin me to the front.. I tried it i liked it and it gets me to where i can exit almost perfect becouse it turns in with no effort....