Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HOT rr tire

Default HOT rr tire

right rear tire gets hot and car is loose in and of corner...175 rr spring 250 lr spring

that seems like a pretty big split for spring rates in the rear of car. I would run the split 50lbs or less and sheck bite in car. this should help with both problems. you may also want to check shock travel on left rear and make sure shock isnt picking left rear off ground or pulling up on it in the corner.

if the left rear was getting lifted by the shock wouldnt it make the lr hot ???and bits about 75...to much?? not enough???

We run the 75# split with more rear spring rate and anywhere from 280 to 350 for bite. RR is warm but not hot. Check your right side tire pressure before and right after a race and see what the pressure gains. Ours gains 2# on the right side tires, 1/2# on the lefts.

wow...thats alot of bite. i tryed runnin about 150 bite and it pushed bad

Arrow

May sound funny but, make sure left rear is spinning. Depending on what type of rear end under there. You could have broke an axle, stripped axle or drive flange, stripped spool or in my case I didnt have correct spacing between the axles and the left rear axle was sliding out of the drive flange and was getting no spin at all to that tire as soon as right rear unloaded it was like you took the tires off the ground it would break loose and turn up so fast if not for a tacky night probably woulda about wore the tire out lol

First time with a floater
    »»*†HÀ†§ HÓ††™««

Quote Originally Posted by rcstreet1 View Post
    right rear tire gets hot and car is loose in and of corner...175 rr spring 250 lr spring
    we run the same springs in a 84 monte, all stock suspension, 13" rear, 11" front 1300 r/f, 1100 l/f no jacks, no nothing all stock per our rules, 3 way pro stock adjustable shocks. for me i was loose from the middle and off corner, for us it was moving the weight from the center and right TO center and left side in trunk, over axle and behind axle, 12 gal fuel cell with about 300lbs lead in rear, 7.5 rearend. After moving the weight to the left and center once the car goes in it sets up perfect and shoots straight out of 4 hard. VS before it would go in ok, push in center and be loose all the way past the flag stand...no traction what so ever....i know people are gonna flip when you see the front spring rates, but everyone who wins down here runs 1000 and up in the fronts.
    Last edited by 3dinter; 08-16-2012 at 11:58 AM.

i have plenty of shock lr shock travel and both tires spin lol. so what else would be causing the rr to get hot. its not rubbing any where ...to much bite...to little?

Too little.

Default hot rr

i have plenty of shock lr shock travel and both tires spin lol. so what else would be causing the rr to get hot. its not rubbing any where ...to much bite...to little?
    Improper setup on the car.

dirt2

You need a stiffer RR spring. The tire is hot because its spinning. Your loose going in and thru because the car is not balanced properly. Your exit probably feels loose because your entry and mid turn were never good. Entry is the RR and LF spring. What front springs are you running. Keep in mind when you stiffen the RR spring make sure you get the LR bite back to normal.

running 1000 on front. both sides. when i use to run more bite the car pushed. how big of a split in tire temp should it be...and its not like the car is out of control loose . its just a hand full lol..

running 1000 on front. both sides. when i use to run more bite the car pushed. how big of a split in tire temp should it be...and its not like the car is out of control loose . its just a hand full lol..
    Give some more specific details about your car, looks like everyone is guessing long story short you have the wrong setup and without some details your pissing in the wind.
    shocks, springs and rates, tshocks, how much weight and where its specifically located, type of rearend, tire size, wheel offsets and where, rear drum or disc, using tire spacers, scale % if you got them...etc.etc.etc....

springs lf 1000 rf 1000 Lr 250 rr 175... front springs 9.5 rear springs 13

afco shocks. lf 75-3 rf 74 rr 72 lr 94-2.. emod tires. 1 inch stagger. scales- 51.3 left side. 50.2 cross. 56 rear. 75 pounds bite

since the rr is hott that means its spinning more then the left rear...so that makes me think it needs bite taken out to plant the rr ??? but then its loose so that makes me think it needs more bite??? so confused

Trust me, more bite will tighten it up. RR is hotter because it's doing more work. If you get the bite up the LR will be doing some of the work that the RR is doing now. Your rear % seems high, that will make it looser also. I would find a way to add cross (tighten it up) and go from there. That's the basic thing it needs.

i agree the rear % is a lil much, we run 52 to 53 max in the rear IMO and add a lil L/S % to around 52% also. i am not a fan of the 9.5 springs IMO go to 11" around the same rates, from what we always learned you need your lower a arms level to the ground...JMO...

i have my a frame level...how much bite you thinkin..last time i ran alot of bite it wanted to push...any ideass... more stagger or what

I would guess that the 75# is not nearly enough. When you said you added it last time and it wanted to push... how much did you add? Split the difference.