August 20, 2012

Billy Beachler puts CBA Motorsports in Victory lane at “The Bridge”.

ef•fort
[ éffərt ] Noun: activity directed toward particular end: activities undertaken by a group of people in order to achieve a particular goal or overcome a particular difficulty.

There is not enough effort in this world to wipe the smile off the face of Franklin, West Virginia’s Billy Beachler this week after the 31 year old parked his Cecil B. Arthur owned Rocket in victory lane this past Saturday night at Virginia’s Natural Bridge Speedway. There was however, a lot of effort in getting to victory lane. The team has been good at times and has struggled at times throughout their freshman year together. This past Saturday it all came together as Billy wired the field from his outside front row starting spot to claim the 35 lap feature event. Earlier in the night, Billy laid down a time trial lap, good enough for 5th quickest, qualifying him automatically into the feature. A subsequent inversion of 6 gave Beachler the 2nd starting spot right next to teammate and two time defending Steel Block Bandit Champion, Walker Arthur. Billy beat his fellow CBA driver to the first corner and held on through numerous restarts to grab the big win. Billy was followed to the line by Arthur & JR Overstreet, giving CBA Motorsports a 1-2-3 finish.

“It’s just awesome” said Beachler Monday, from his race shop. “I honestly was not sure if I even remembered how to get to victory lane again. The car was great and the Kawalski motor worked perfect. You never know what will happen when there are restarts late with the race on the line but when I wanted to go, the car went. It was especially fun racing Walker & JR, we all get along great and for me to be able to say that I beat Walker (Arthur) at Natural Bridge means a lot. He gets around that place as good as anyone. I am very happy for Cecil to have his cars finish first, second & third and I am extremely happy I was the first in that equation” added Billy with a laugh.

“I couldn’t race let alone have the chance to win without everyone that supports this team. It all starts with Cecil and includes a lot of people on different levels. I am very thankful for every one of them. Cecil gave me a great opportunity with no pressure, I am very honored to win in his race car” stated Billy.

Racing for the Beachlers has always been a family affair and not only Billy had the great night, but the whole Beachler family raced around Natural Bridge with great finishes. Brayden Beachler finished a hard fought 3rd in the bicycle race and Baylee Beachler made her long awaited debut on a bike and raced hard to a fine finish, all a part of the tracks kid’s night festivities. It was a very stressful night for Marlena as she had to worry and cheer for all three of her favorite racers.

With the Steel Block Bandits having a couple of weeks off, Billy and the team will enter the Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls and General Contracting #21 this weekend at both Eastside and Natural Bridge Speedways. After this weekend, the Bandits kick back into action with 3 straight races. The CBA/Beachler team sits 6th in the current Steel Block Bandit point standing.

Billy would like to thank all the team’s sponsors:
Cecil B. Arthur Buckin Bulls & Beef Farms, Cecil B. Arthur General Contracting, Kawalski Racing Engines, All About Wraps, Sunoco Race Fuels & K.R.S. Graphics Motorsports Media.

Upcoming Races:
August – 24th – Eastside Speedway
August – 25th – Natural Bridge Speedway
September 1st – Susquehanna Speedway Park (SBB)
September 7th – Eastside Speedway (SBB)
September 8th – Natural Bridge Speedway (SBB)

Prepared & distributed by KRS Graphics Motorsports Media