Default j-bar help please!!!

Im running a 26in jbar to the right side of the pinion. I bent the jbar and i have a 24 in jbar to go on the car. So what will the effects be of the 2in shorter bar or what should i do to compensate for the 2ins. basicly what am I lookin at happening? Thanks in advance

Will it still set your rear end side to side where your specs call for it to be?

It will throw the whole rear geometry off. If it calls for a 26" J bar. you need a 26" J bar.

If you had a rear suspension geometry program, you could see how much it would change. It could be better or worse for the car.

If you have a dual side mount and can run it at the same angle without changing the rear location it will make the car react faster than the 26 did. It will also have slightly less angle gain than the longer bar as the chassis mount will not be moving as far but you will not notice the amount as it is minimal.

Default J bar

would a short j bar help the car rotate faster on a short tight turn track vrs long j bar?

I just switched over to a short j-bar 17.5 inches I had a 22 . I really like the change if you are running tight turns I would go with the short one. typically a longer j-bar is for longer sweeping corners. You may need a new frame mount to run a shorter j-bar. This will keep the rearend where it supposed to be.

the deal with this car is there is not specs for it i bought it a couple years ago and no one knows who the maker is so we have just put it to geather and it runs great top five alot. 26 is what i found to make the car run. I just have the 24 in layin in the garage and was wondering what it would do to the car or what it would change? Could I drop the mount on the frame 2in and have the same? Just lookin for theorys here and what will happen

I would drop it an inch on the frame and run it. If you put a straight edge on the pinion mount to the frame mount you will be able to see how far you need to drop it to use the inside of the frame mount and keep the same angle. GRT used to recommend a shorter J bar for smaller and slick tracks.

I went ahead and droped it and inch on the frame and that was what i was looking for didnt change the car hardly to none. Thanks for the advice