Talking Tracks?? Motors & Gears??

I just bought a New Modified and I want to be able to run it at different tracks. If you could help by telling me what would be a good motor and gear at the tracks you race that would be fantastic. Thanks so much for your help.

All depends on what you want to spend for the engine. Are you just starting out? If you are just starting out a 383 would be a good start. We started out with a 383 and it has done us a good job. We had alum heads with a stock 2 bolt block. Pushed out just over 600 hp. As for gears it depends on the size of the track. Are you running a quick change? If so get yourself a bunch of different sets that way you can tune it to the rpm range you want to keep it at. You can always tolk to the drivers a the track you are running. They may not tell you what they are running but they will tell you something close.

If you are looking to build a engine I have a set of heads that we had on the 383. Brodix -11 ported and polished with matching edelbrock intake and jessel shaft rockers (1 season old)
    Jason Klopp #7 Modified

Lucky 7 Motorsports

2013 Sponsors- FRP Chassis, Fastlane Graphix, Radiators Unlimited, Crays Automotive, Hoppel Auto Body, Boz Hot dog, River Valley Recycling, Beaupre Towing, Schaafsma's Sod Farm, Brown and Brown Chevy and RV, One Stop Auto, Joyce Farms, Vansco, Photos by Lu, NecksGen, Optima Batteries, Powermaster Performance, Fast Shafts, Jones Racing Products

Post what tracks your running? I see your from IL..

Default Tracks?? Motors?? & Gears??

No I am not running a quick change, I'm hoping to in the next year. Yes I am just starting out. Car done but Motor.

I will be running at Charleston Speedway, and If Danville or Farmercity opens back up will be running there. But I am hoping to run other tracks as well.

Thanks to you both.

i would suggest getting the q/c from the start. If you buy used 9in stuff its going to be 200-300 per 9in probably count on double that if you buy new. Then you have the rearend cost. You will be money ahead to get the q/c to start with. This coming from a "no budget" racer who does it all himself. The ability to be going to one track and it start raining turn around and go the other way to a different track change gears in 2minutes is great.

good engine builder would be Mullvain Motorsports in East Peoria,build a 400 engine,gears Fc 648-Charlston 632-danville dont know but maybe 660 or so