Thread: Rev limiter

Default Rev limiter

is there a rev limiter available for the 2300 Ford other than an aftermarket system like MSD? we are not allowed to run an aftermarket ignition module but i would like to use a rev limiter if possible.

Buy one of the big, red lights that hook into & mount to the side of your tach. When the red light blazes on, you're at the set limit in the light. Then be prepared to immediately back out of the throttle or change the gearing in the driveline. BTW..... ignition rev limiters are hard on race engines if one often 'bumps up' against the limiter. Particularly hard on crankshafts. And your other option would be to mount an adjustable 'throttle stop' under the pedal in the (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit. It can be a 'hard mount' or a heavy spring-loaded mount. OR...... a throttle-stop on the engine carb linkage, Rules permitting. -Dave-

I never have used a rev limiter. I am with Dave on this one. They are hard on engines. The best one I have found is the red light or just knowing your car and its gearing. I never wanted to have to worry about the RPMs during a race with all the other stuff to pay attention to.
    dr6 motorsports

Just use your shiftlite tac as mentioned. Set the limit a few hundred underneath your Max RPM> Let up when you see the light.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Default rev limiter

Thanks Guys. I don't have an issue with the RPMs except on restarts. for some reason I cannot get the T-5 to shift smoothly into 2nd. tranny was freshened up, slave sylinder/throwout bering are adjusted correctly but i am constantly missing my shifts if i try to do a quick shift. tired of getting nailed in the rear end on every start.

Not the best of options but you can use the signal from the red light to trigger a relay to cut ignition power