Default Tranny/Gear Question

I run a mustang 2.3 liter on a 3/8 asphalt track with a 4 speed ET tranny. I currently run a 1.42 third gear with 4.10 rear gears which gives me a 5.82 final. I am thinking about using the 2.14 second gear with 2.73 rear gears which gives me a 5.84 final. Car is fast and I want to keep rpms the same so that isnt the issue. Everyone at our track runs runs 3rd gear with the 4.10 gears but everyone including myself is locking up trannys shifting from second to third on restarts. Have tried fixing the problem but nothing is a perminent fix. I am just trying to find out if alot of people are using second gear instead of third and if anyone thinks i would run into any problems trying this? My main concern is on restarts with the car in 1st and just shifting to second. Not sure if 1st would b too many rpms on the restart. Any input would be helpful, thanks.

Use the 2nd gear set up, start the race and run it in 2nd gear, there will be no need to shift at all.

I agree start in 2nd run in 2nd, its rough on the clutch and tranny to shift them like that and i know a guy who missed a shift and his motors coming apart, not good
    Miller